Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 229 Likes Search this Thread
06-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #1066
Forum Member

Q-S1 w/Pentax 16/1.4 C-mount TV lens

Q-S1 w/Pentax 16/1.4 C-mount TV lens shot wide open. Lens sharpens up nicely when stopped down.

Pentax Q-S1 w/Pentax 16/1.4 C-mount TV lens at f/4. 50% crop.

Last edited by rmcnelly; 06-02-2017 at 06:54 PM.
06-04-2017, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #1067
Forum Member

Q-S1 w/Pentax 16/1.4 C-mount TV lens

Pentax Q-S1 w/Pentax 16/1.4 C-mount TV lens shot at f/4. Unfortunately I forgot to check my settings and all shots were at iso 1000. This lens is remarkably free from CA/purple fringing when shot at f/4.

I like the shots where I missed focus.

06-15-2017, 07:27 PM   #1068
Forum Member

Kodak Cine Ektanon 63mm f/2.7

Q-S1 w/Kodak Cine Ektanon 63mm f/2.7 which has a built in helicoid for close focusing. I just got it mounted and am loving it on the Q-S1 and my M43 GX8.

06-19-2017, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #1069
Forum Member

Kodak Cine Ektanon 63mm f/2.7

Q-S1 w/Kodak Cine Ektanon 63/2.7 which has a built in helicoid.

06-27-2017, 07:43 PM - 1 Like   #1070
Forum Member

Kodak Cine Ektanon 38mm/2.5

Q-S1 w/Kodak Cine Ektanon 38mm/2.5 which has a built in helicoid.

Q-S1 w/Kodak Cine Ektanon 38mm/2.5 w/built in extension tube.

Two pic focus stack:

Two pic focus stack:

Tight crop on the bee shots:

Abstract:

Last edited by rmcnelly; 06-28-2017 at 05:40 PM.
06-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #1071
Forum Member

Zeika 38mm/1.4 D-mount

Q-S1 with Zeika 38mm/1.4 D-mount.

Fly shot were taken while the lens had a C-mount collar epoxied to it, which acted like an extension tube.

Wide open.

Stopped down a tiny bit.

Stopped down more.

Stopped down to f/8 I think.

With C-mount removed, now has normal focus range with D-mount.

Wide open.

Stopped down slightly.

Stopped down and cropped.

I don't think the Zeika 38mm/1.4 will get anymore time on the Q-S1. The Kodak Cine Ektanon 38mm/2.5 covers the focal length and has the built in helicoid for close up work. I'm loving what the Ektanon can do on the Q-S1.
06-30-2017, 12:19 AM - 2 Likes   #1072
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Hi guys I haven't visited in a while so have not updated the index.
Additionally it seems my photos that were hosted at Photobucket will no longer be linked in the forum as they are asking folks to upgrade to paid accounts.
I don't really have time to deal with any of this ATM.
If it is important and if someone is interested in maintaining the index send me an email to lnavarro1 at yahoo dot com and I can send the you the excel files and program that is used to create the index.

07-02-2017, 02:29 PM - 1 Like   #1073
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
If it is important and if someone is interested in maintaining the index send me an email to lnavarro1 at yahoo dot com and I can send the you the excel files and program that is used to create the index.
Hi crewl1/Larry, email sent.

BTW I wanted to thank you for creating and maintaining this thread for such a long time. This thread was/is the single most important source of inspiration and encouragement for me as a person who wanted to explore the possibility/capability of my Q7 beyond that which is provided by native Q lenses. I believe I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I cannot work on the index as frequently as you did but it seems like the work load is not as heavy these days. I'm interested in maintaining it. (By "it" I mean this thread, not just excel sheets.)

Best,
kwb
07-15-2017, 01:01 AM - 1 Like   #1074
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kwb Quote
Hi crewl1/Larry, email sent.

BTW I wanted to thank you for creating and maintaining this thread for such a long time. This thread was/is the single most important source of inspiration and encouragement for me as a person who wanted to explore the possibility/capability of my Q7 beyond that which is provided by native Q lenses. I believe I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I cannot work on the index as frequently as you did but it seems like the work load is not as heavy these days. I'm interested in maintaining it. (By "it" I mean this thread, not just excel sheets.)

Best,
kwb
Lens table updated. Thank you all for your submissions, and thank you Larry for maintaining this thread for a long time.

There are some posts that were deleted by the users, and there probably are dead links too, but I'll leave them. I don't have time to actively search for broken ones.
07-15-2017, 08:29 AM - 1 Like   #1075
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lens table updated. Thank you all for your submissions, and thank you Larry for maintaining this thread for a long time.

There are some posts that were deleted by the users, and there probably are dead links too, but I'll leave them. I don't have time to actively search for broken ones.
Thanks for doing this and do not worry about the dead links. They tell us what was there once and that is also interesting if not immediately useful

We all owe a debt of gratitude to Larry for all his contributions over the years.
07-15-2017, 09:38 PM   #1076
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you kwb for taking on the important job of keeping the adapted lens table updated. Your donation of skill and time allows this important resource to grow.

Don't worry about dead links. They add a little historical character.

Thanks for helping out,
barondla
08-22-2017, 04:05 AM - 2 Likes   #1077
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rmcnelly Quote
Q-S1 with Zeika 38mm/1.4 D-mount.

Fly shot were taken while the lens had a C-mount collar epoxied to it, which acted like an extension tube.

Wide open.

Stopped down a tiny bit.

Stopped down more.

Stopped down to f/8 I think.

With C-mount removed, now has normal focus range with D-mount.

Wide open.

Stopped down slightly.

Stopped down and cropped.

I don't think the Zeika 38mm/1.4 will get anymore time on the Q-S1. The Kodak Cine Ektanon 38mm/2.5 covers the focal length and has the built in helicoid for close up work. I'm loving what the Ektanon can do on the Q-S1.

Pentax Q-S1 Photodiox PK (A) -P / Q Adapter with lens: SMC Pentax-M 1: 2.8 28 mm

Nice results of the possibilities of the adapters in our dear Q-S1 .. !!!.
I have here the last thing I did with the K / Q adapter using a SMC Pentax-M 1: 2.8 28.00 mm lens and trying to close the diaphragm to F22
Hope you like....
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 

Last edited by Alayos92; 08-22-2017 at 09:06 AM.
09-02-2017, 02:38 PM - 2 Likes   #1078
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax M 50mm F4 Macro on Q7 with genuine Pentax K-Q adapter

I was looking for a small lightweight macro for my Q7, Q forum member (surfar) told me that he uses this lens, I bought a good copy from another forum member, and even though I haven't used it that much yet, I'm already liking it (thank you surfar)!

I'm very happy about the color and the sharpness. And this lens is much easier for me to hand hold than Vivitar Series 1 90mm 1:2.5 VMC macro partly due to its shorter 50mm focal length and partly because of its lighter weight (220 VS 650-ish grams). The following pictures were both shot hand held.

Yellow belly by k kwb, on Flickr

REALLY yellow ambush bug(?) by k kwb, on Flickr

I can use it as a telephoto and it's good, though I prefer 06 lens for that purpose (can be almost as long, much lighter weight, F/2.8, auto focus).

Bunny by k kwb, on Flickr

Last edited by kwb; 09-02-2017 at 06:02 PM.
09-11-2017, 02:28 AM   #1079
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
I was looking for a small lightweight macro for my Q7, Q forum member (surfar) told me that he uses this lens, I bought a good copy from another forum member, and even though I haven't used it that much yet, I'm already liking it (thank you surfar)!

I'm very happy about the color and the sharpness. And this lens is much easier for me to hand hold than Vivitar Series 1 90mm 1:2.5 VMC macro partly due to its shorter 50mm focal length and partly because of its lighter weight (220 VS 650-ish grams). The following pictures were both shot hand held.

Yellow belly by k kwb, on Flickr

REALLY yellow ambush bug(?) by k kwb, on Flickr

I can use it as a telephoto and it's good, though I prefer 06 lens for that purpose (can be almost as long, much lighter weight, F/2.8, auto focus).

Bunny by k kwb, on Flickr
Great sharpness in the texture of the leaves ...!!!
09-11-2017, 08:09 AM   #1080
Unregistered User

Canon 100mm f3.5 LTM: