Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Which native Pentax-Q lenses would you most like to see?
Faster Standard Prime 1116.42%
Ultrawide 3044.78%
Wide Prime 3247.76%
Short Telephoto (Portrait) Prime 1725.37%
Long Telephoto Prime 913.43%
Macro 3349.25%
Faster Standard Zoom 1319.40%
Tilt and Shift Lens 68.96%
Superzoom (e.g. 5-50mm) 811.94%
Other 11.49%
100% happy with the current range   00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-28-2012, 01:20 AM   #16

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I would also love a tele prime and a faster normal zoom (the current sadly hits diffraction) but at the same time I don't see them as the most lacking areas.

Haha, I wonder if somebody from here will buy it? If I only knew how to make a webpage I would!
On the other hand, Qshooters.com is available.

("Users" makes it sound a little bit like a drugs problem to me!)

Last edited by NeilGratton; 12-28-2012 at 02:16 AM.
12-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by NeilGratton Quote
On the other hand, Qshooters.com is available.

(Users makes it sound a little bit like a drugs problem to me!)
Hey, isn't it already like that? Give me a wide angle and it will become even worse.
12-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #18
Pentaxian

i voted for UWA (around 2mm would be awesome, doesn't need to be super fast imo) and a long, fast portrait prime. I know we'll never get great control over depth of field, but still i'd want one.
12-28-2012, 05:12 AM   #19

What then are ex-Qusers? I don't want to be ac-Qused of being one...

12-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wpvv Quote
What then are ex-Qusers? I don't want to be ac-Qused of being one...
Well, we all know how though it is so you're ex-Qused.

Last edited by VisualDarkness; 12-28-2012 at 06:12 AM.
12-28-2012, 09:53 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote

Haha, I wonder if somebody from here will buy it? If I only knew how to make a webpage I would!
when I got my Q, I looked up Qtopia.com, but sadly, that one is already out there as well...

I like primes, so I'm waiting... and waiting... for the promised wide and tele primes (sorry toy lenses). and I agree with many here that while the Q-K adapter is a super cool and very appreciated accessory, it kinda destroys the whole "put it in your pocket and go" quality of the Q..
12-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emergo Quote
when I got my Q, I looked up Qtopia.com, but sadly, that one is already out there as well...

I like primes, so I'm waiting... and waiting... for the promised wide and tele primes (sorry toy lenses). and I agree with many here that while the Q-K adapter is a super cool and very appreciated accessory, it kinda destroys the whole "put it in your pocket and go" quality of the Q..
It should be pretty easy for them to design too. Adapt formulas like the 40/2.8 and 70/2.4 for a smaller sensor and they are pretty much ready to go.

12-28-2012, 10:58 AM - 1 Like   #23
Veteran Member

Too bad we can't get money off on our gear by using Q-puns!

I think that Pentax has a potential wealth of Q adaptable lens R&D already done -- since they made the A 110 and also have a CC video lens division with small fast lens designs to draw from. They could use the basic designs, plug in some higher grade glass (I know it's not that simple. . .) and high build quality lens bodies to produce some premium limited edition boutique MF lenses (ala Sonnetar) that could find their way into production if they are received well.

Scott
12-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Too bad we can't get money off on our gear by using Q-puns!

I think that Pentax has a potential wealth of Q adaptable lens R&D already done -- since they made the A 110 and also have a CC video lens division with small fast lens designs to draw from. They could use the basic designs, plug in some higher grade glass (I know it's not that simple. . .) and high build quality lens bodies to produce some premium limited edition boutique MF lenses (ala Sonnetar) that could find their way into production if they are received well.

Scott
Scott,

With the success of the Q/Q10 in the Home market such a series of lenses might well find a niche that makes them profitable.
12-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #25
Veteran Member

I'd like to see an ultrawide zoom -- something like 3.5-7 / 2.8 if at all possible. "competition" like Lumix LX-7 offer 24-85 with reasonably wide apertures -- with the Telephoto 06 zoom, Q shows an advantage of interchangeable lenses. I'd like to see this extended to the wide end as well -- want to go wider than the 28mm the 02 offers.

I also wonder what Pentax could do with a tilt-shift. I wouldn't expect it to be a high-dollar sort, but something more like a lensbaby with a focal length that's somewhat useful on the Q.

Beyond that, a short telephoto macro would be good...if it's something like 105mm-eq, f/2 maybe that would take care of some of the 'portrait prime' desires as well.
12-29-2012, 05:26 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AndrewG NY Quote
I'd like to see an ultrawide zoom -- something like 3.5-7 / 2.8 if at all possible. "competition" like Lumix LX-7 offer 24-85 with reasonably wide apertures -- with the Telephoto 06 zoom, Q shows an advantage of interchangeable lenses. I'd like to see this extended to the wide end as well -- want to go wider than the 28mm the 02 offers.

I also wonder what Pentax could do with a tilt-shift. I wouldn't expect it to be a high-dollar sort, but something more like a lensbaby with a focal length that's somewhat useful on the Q.

Beyond that, a short telephoto macro would be good...if it's something like 105mm-eq, f/2 maybe that would take care of some of the 'portrait prime' desires as well.
Those sound like very interesting options for the Q. I'm less impressed with the 02 than the 01 and like that the 06 is a constant f2.8 throughout its range. My hope is that its significantly better than the 02 optically and in performance in real situations as a result. I'd love to see something on that order in the wide zoom range - say the equivalent of a 10-24 also with a constant f2.8. If they could reproduce their Macro100 but for the Q with AF and the quality of the 01 that would be a killer lens too.