Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2013, 12:05 PM   #91
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Riv Quote
I figured you could, so I ordered one once I got the shipping email from groupon. But, now my question is where it the receipt from groupon? Did you get one with your Q? Wasn't nothing in the box, nor anything other than a shipping notice email from them...
Better print out and save your order details from the Groupon site then. My Q scheduled for tomorrow.

01-17-2013, 12:46 PM   #92
Riv

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Better print out and save your order details from the Groupon site then. My Q scheduled for tomorrow.
At the moment that's the only option I see. I use CutePDF the print stuff like that. Works great, except on the GroupOn site. I just get an exploded copy of that webpage that's 4 pages long, and doesn't resemble a receipt that I'd be comfortable sending if the Q needed service. I the past I've always gotten an exact copy of what I seeing on screen with CutePDF, it's been a great paper/ink saver. I disable all aspects of Java with the recent scare over it, wonder if that's causing the issue will have to go check. In the meantime I sent them an email about a receipt, the responce was a canned we'll get back to you in 48hrs.
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At the moment that's the only option I see. I use CutePDF the print stuff like that. Works great, except on the GroupOn site. I just get an exploded copy of that webpage that's 4 pages long, and doesn't resemble a receipt that I'd be comfortable sending if the Q needed service. I the past I've always gotten an exact copy of what I seeing on screen with CutePDF, it's been a great paper/ink saver. I disable all aspects of Java with the recent scare over it, wonder if that's causing the issue will have to go check. In the meantime I sent them an email about a receipt, the responce was a canned we'll get back to you in 48hrs.
On a PC use SHift+PrtSCr keys and paste into your editor of choice such as Word.
01-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #94
Veteran Member

What platform are you using? We use the Adobe PDF viewer on the machines that do not have the full Acrobat package because they're so useful and the viewer is free.

01-17-2013, 01:08 PM   #95
Riv

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
What platform are you using? We use the Adobe PDF viewer on the machines that do not have the full Acrobat package because they're so useful and the viewer is free.
Win7 with the standard free adobe pdf viewer. I updated the the CutePDF Writer, but still get the same nasty results. For now I'll have to do it the old school way as Larry mentioned.
01-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #96
Riv

Ok I cheated and just used the Snipping Tool in Win7 that I forgot about. I like CutePDF because it installs itself as a device, anytime you print something you can choose that or your standard printer (which is dead in my case), it's just handy and simple (normally).

Thanks for your replies
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #97
Veteran Member

I got my kit today, a full day early! I'm leaving the camera in the packaging and only have pulled out the battery and the prime lens, which I'll use on my white Q (the groupon Q I just received is black).

Here's to hoping the prime lens helps some Q love develop.

Charles.

01-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #98
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So, I had my 40 hours this week in by Tuesday and taking today off. I just happened to look at the Groupon FedEX tracking and saw that since it left Ohio last Sunday, it finally arrived in Phoenix this morning. Then FedEX reported that they drove it over to the US Post Office facility for delivery - in 2 to 3 days...... I now understand "free shipping".

01-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #99
Veteran Member

So far, I haven't taken a lot of pictures with the 01 prime... but, I like it a lot more than the 02 zoom. It's a lot smaller for starters, and it focuses closely. I seem to get much more consistently good exposure with it, than I do with the 02 prime -- especially in shots that have a lot of dynamic range (bright sunlight and dark shadows).

I've also found that the black and white in-camera color mode does a WONDERFUL job of making a nice contrasty shot. In one step I get a nice photo, instead of several steps to produce a nice shot via post processing. I mean, I can do the same in post, it just takes a few minutes per photo, a lot of tweaks to get it just right. But the Q takes it just right the first time,and I can even select filter colors in the Q, just like I can in Paint Shop Pro X2.

I've also been playing with the square 1:1 crop mode, and I'm finding it makes me look at shots much more creatively.
I have my Q's front dial set to black and white, reversal, bleach bypass, and cross process. I don't use cross-process much though. I'm usually on reversal or black and white.

The camera is growing on me. It's not great for low light, but it's definitely fun to shoot with, and extremely intuitive (except for the swapped delete/play buttons that will continue to annoy me forever and ever). The 01 prime is really the one I wanted, and I'm finding it a lot more enjoyable to work with.

Charles
01-18-2013, 11:33 PM   #100
Veteran Member

Love the Q with the fantastic 01 prime so far. Super impressed with the handling and quality of both the body and images produced. Only quirk I have is the battery life, which I remedied with a couple of Fuji NP-50 spares. Here's the first street set I did with the combo: 2013-01-16 Streets and Snow, Chinatown - Minus

Looking forward to do some street portraits with Navitar C-Mount 25mm f/0.95 coming in. With that, the half leather case, and finger strap in mail, my Q kit shall be complete!