Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #1
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
Pentax Q10, now available in all color combination in the Americas

Digital Cameras by PENTAX

The Q10 is now available in all (maybe not all, but plenty) color combinations in the US now.



01-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,482
I know I will be getting a Metallic green and black one!
01-07-2013, 07:40 AM   #3
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
Original Poster
Any relation to the bike in your avatar ?
01-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #4
Site Supporter
LaurenOE's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
Photos: Albums
Posts: 3,482
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Any relation to the bike in your avatar ?
LOL..I was going to get the "Kawasaki" green one, but the Metallic green reminds me of my first Japanese car, a Datsun 610, which I owned when I first visited Japan and bought Pentax there...but you never know!

01-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 4,893
Another good move by pentax today.
01-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #6
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Yes, the range of colors certainly makes their products stand out. This kind of move may be a bit of a hassle logistically but should help them overall as the K-r range of colors did a couple years ago.
01-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
owl
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Upstate New York, USA
Posts: 92
A good way to get full price: $599 body only vs. $529 with 02 lens. At $244 lens for the 02 lens (Amazon), the custom color kit cost would be $843, a $314 premium over stock.
01-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by owl Quote
A good way to get full price: $599 body only vs. $529 with 02 lens. At $244 lens for the 02 lens (Amazon), the custom color kit cost would be $843, a $314 premium over stock.
Yes, but you are paying for customization. If you think of it that way then it's not terrible. Prices always come down though and we don't know if Adorama or B&H will have any latitude in pricing the custom orders either.

01-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
owl
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Upstate New York, USA
Posts: 92
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Yes, but you are paying for customization. If you think of it that way then it's not terrible. Prices always come down though and we don't know if Adorama or B&H will have any latitude in pricing the custom orders either.
Not terrible, in fact if you already have lenses, it is only a $60 premium. Go one step further, buy the Q and 02 lens for $246 from shopnbc and you have two bodies, one custom and a lens for the price of one Q10 custom color kit. I fact, I started to play with the colors to see if I could come up with some hideous pink and green combo for a graduation present for my niece. I never woulld have thought of such an offense against good taste without the option (and she would probably love it).
01-07-2013, 10:50 AM   #10
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by owl Quote
Not terrible, in fact if you already have lenses, it is only a $60 premium. Go one step further, buy the Q and 02 lens for $246 from shopnbc and you have two bodies, one custom and a lens for the price of one Q10 custom color kit. I fact, I started to play with the colors to see if I could come up with some hideous pink and green combo for a graduation present for my niece. I never woulld have thought of such an offense against good taste without the option (and she would probably love it).
It's another option. If you are like some and really have a signature color then you'll pay for that option. Me, I like my black cameras, but remember that Black for the Q10 was not an option until now in the US (only red and silver last time I checked).
01-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #11
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Chicago suburb, IL, USA
Posts: 1,535
I think it's a good move overall, and timing, though not optimal considering that they missed the Xmas season in the US, isn't disastrous -- I don't quite understand winter introductions of new photo gear -- good for Southern Hemisphere countries though. . .

This is something I thought they should have done at initial introduction, when they offered them in Japan. As special orders, 4-6 weeks delivery, there would be no need to inventory them in the US. All it would have cost them would have been to set up the ordering process.and logistics to get them to the customers, which should not be too much of a problem for an international company.

I'd have been more inclined to get one if they had been available before the blowout sales of the Q, but now I already have 2 Q bodies and some Aki-Asahi skins. . . I would have seriously considered getting one, then paint my Fotopro twin arm flash bracket and one of my little Metz flashes to match for a custom painted macro kit. It would be fun to tell people that it's a custom camera kit I had commissioned to be made to order to shoot Jumping Spiders.

. . . still might do it. . .

Scott
01-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #12
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
I think it's a good move overall, and timing, though not optimal considering that they missed the Xmas season in the US, isn't disastrous -- I don't quite understand winter introductions of new photo gear -- good for Southern Hemisphere countries though. . .

This is something I thought they should have done at initial introduction, when they offered them in Japan. As special orders, 4-6 weeks delivery, there would be no need to inventory them in the US. All it would have cost them would have been to set up the ordering process.and logistics to get them to the customers, which should not be too much of a problem for an international company.

I'd have been more inclined to get one if they had been available before the blowout sales of the Q, but now I already have 2 Q bodies and some Aki-Asahi skins. . . I would have seriously considered getting one, then paint my Fotopro twin arm flash bracket and one of my little Metz flashes to match for a custom painted macro kit. It would be fun to tell people that it's a custom camera kit I had commissioned to be made to order to shoot Jumping Spiders.

. . . still might do it. . .

Scott
I agree but they are doing it in anticipation of the upcoming electronics and camera shows this month and next.
01-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Eric Auer's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Albums
Posts: 861
What no Camo?!?
01-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #14
Junior Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 30
Are we sure this is a body-only price? It looks like the webpage is incomplete. Pictures show the 02 lens. "What's in the box" doesn't list the lens, though. Confusion. If it's $599 with the lens then smart move. If it's body-only, then they're going to have a very tough time moving these.

There are some very attractive combinations available.



01-07-2013, 12:57 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 42,816
QuoteOriginally posted by PenTX Quote
Are we sure this is a body-only price? It looks like the webpage is incomplete. Pictures show the 02 lens. "What's in the box" doesn't list the lens, though. Confusion. If it's $599 with the lens then smart move. If it's body-only, then they're going to have a very tough time moving these.

There are some very attractive combinations available.


$599 is normally the price with a lens, so I think that they'll still include it (a silver one).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, color, mirrorless, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax K-01 now in stock and available for purchase Adam Pentax K-01 33 04-05-2012 03:15 PM
X-Pro1 now available in the US! Adam Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 5 04-03-2012 08:53 PM
Nature The color is all in your mind. charliezap Post Your Photos! 12 10-16-2011 02:55 PM
POPULAR PENTAX Optio WG-1 GPS NOW AVAILABLE IN ORANGE Adam Homepage & Official Pentax News 4 09-25-2011 01:03 PM
645D now available in the UK robbiec Pentax News and Rumors 3 09-21-2010 03:01 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:58 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top