Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-30-2013, 06:33 AM   #31
Veteran Member
kshapero's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Florida, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 382
QuoteOriginally posted by flylow7f39 Quote
Sequence makes no difference...
I did the camera first then the lens. It did not seem to make any difference.

01-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #32
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,634
Updating the 02 lens is giving me fits.
The file gets sent to my media player, and I'm sure that's where the 01 lens file went too, and it updated with no problem last week.
I did hit a snag updating the camera then, but not the lens.
When I open the file on my computer, it acts like it wants to play a song, and that's it.
01-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #33
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Updating the 02 lens is giving me fits.
The file gets sent to my media player, and I'm sure that's where the 01 lens file went too, and it updated with no problem last week.
I did hit a snag updating the camera then, but not the lens.
When I open the file on my computer, it acts like it wants to play a song, and that's it.
The lens file does not have to be opened on your computer.

Just drag the file onto your SD card.

When you download the camera update, it is contained in a .zip file that needs to be extracted to get the .bin file on your computer.
When you download the lens update, it is not contained in a .zip file - it is the .bin file which is ready to use.
01-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #34
Site Supporter
robtcorl's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: St Louis, MO
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,634
QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
The lens file does not have to be opened on your computer.

Just drag the file onto your SD card.

When you download the camera update, it is contained in a .zip file that needs to be extracted to get the .bin file on your computer.
When you download the lens update, it is not contained in a .zip file - it is the .bin file which is ready to use.
Thanks Stan, but that's what I did.
Well, I actually sent it to the card rather than drag, same as I did for the 01 lens.
Tried downloading it again, and a different card too.
It shows up on the card's properties as:
"C:\Users\bob\Documents\Downloads\fwlq102 (2).bin"

Edit:
I tried dragging it to the card, it looked the same but loaded to the camera this time.

Thank you!!


Last edited by robtcorl; 01-30-2013 at 09:57 AM.
01-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #35
Veteran Member
stormtech's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: In the boonies (NW Penna)
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,670
QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Thanks Stan, but that's what I did.
Well, I actually sent it to the card rather than drag, same as I did for the 01 lens.
Tried downloading it again, and a different card too.
It shows up on the card's properties as:
"C:\Users\bob\Documents\Downloads\fwlq102 (2).bin"

Edit:
I tried dragging it to the card, it looked the same but loaded to the camera this time.

Thank you!!
You're welcome - glad you got it sorted.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, firmware, mirrorless, pentax, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Firmware update. strikes Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 7 02-29-2012 09:56 PM
Update Firmware wombatwal Pentax K-5 2 09-26-2011 01:33 AM
Firmware update? philippe Pentax K-5 19 07-27-2011 02:55 PM
Firmware Update jwpinnacle Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 05-28-2011 02:16 AM
Unzipping firmware update Kym Burmester Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 5 03-10-2011 08:36 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:06 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top