Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Hasselblad lens adapter question

Hello,
I would like to know if it's possible or even feasable to use a hasselblad 80mm c-mount lens on a Q body?
If it is practical, then who might have a lens mount adapter for that or would I have to make my own?
Many, many thanks,
-George

01-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello hgk. Welcome to the Q forum. Haven't seen one of these Hassy lenses in a while. Lens has a leaf shutter built in. Can you lock the shutter open when it is off the camera? If so, it should be possible to lock the lens open and attach it to the Q. If you can find the adapters. Best bet is to look for adapters on ebay.

You will be using the electronic shutter on the Q. This means a few limitations including: No bulb setting and individual shutter speed no longer than 2 seconds. Highest flash sync 1/13(Q) or 1/30(Q10. No Program or shutter priority exposure modes. Basically manual or AV mode and video.

I have used Pentax 6X7 lenses on the Q with a Q to Pk (RJ manufactured) and Pk to 6X7 adapter combined. This will be what you have to do. Find a Hassy to 35mm adapter and add a Q to 35mm to it. My new Pentax made Q to PK adapter says it won't work with their 6X7 adapter. We shall see.

Enjoy the Q. It brings out the experimenter in all of us. Have fun.
thanks
barondla
01-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
hgk

Original Poster
Thanks

Barondla,
I just noticed that my much earlier post to thank you didn't get submitted for some reason.
Your reply was exactly what I needed to know.
As the lens is normally removed with it's shutter open it should stay in that state on the adapter
and work in conjunction with the Q's electronic shutter.
thanks again,
George
01-12-2013, 01:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to help hgk. Hope it works for you.

A POSSIBLE WARNING. I seem to remember a "dangerous" quirk surrounding Hasselblad leaf shutter lenses/bodies. The lens and body had to be in the same "state" of cocked or not. If they did not match
when the lens was put back on the Hassy body, they would be forever locked together, until sent to the repair shop. Be careful.
thanks and enjoy the Q
barondla