Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 84
SR sounds

Just got the Q a couple days ago......

With SR enacted there is a constant noise in the camera even sitting on a table. It's actually 2 noises and 1 almost sounds like a muffled auto focus getting the final focus lock if that makes sense. I wish I could explain this better. Turning SR off stops it...........

None of my other 4 Pentaxes have done this........anyone else have this issue if it truly is an issue?

01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,118
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleRed Quote
Just got the Q a couple days ago......

With SR enacted there is a constant noise in the camera even sitting on a table. It's actually 2 noises and 1 almost sounds like a muffled auto focus getting the final focus lock if that makes sense. I wish I could explain this better. Turning SR off stops it...........

None of my other 4 Pentaxes have done this........anyone else have this issue if it truly is an issue?
Yup that's what it sounds like- that's the price to pay for full-time live view stabilization

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Forum Member




Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 84
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup that's what it sounds like- that's the price to pay for full-time live view stabilization
As long as it's happening to every Q owner then I'm ok with it Just wanted to make sure it isn't a problem.
01-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
Erich_H's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 134
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleRed Quote
As long as it's happening to every Q owner then I'm ok with it Just wanted to make sure it isn't a problem.
Just turn off the full time live view SR and use the Shake Reduction Options Mode1.
This is the last [C] tab in the menu and you are looking for option4. By default SR is Mode2. This EATS battery.
With Mode1 you'll still have SR when you take your pic. The constant sound is off though, you'll only hear it when you
press the shutter release for focusing and/or exposing. Thanks/Erik

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, focus, issue, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7, sr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Price sounds too cheap? Dean Bradshaw Pentax Medium Format 5 11-22-2012 04:24 PM
Craigslist: Sounds a little fishy... jaieger General Talk 18 03-18-2012 06:13 PM
Spotmatic F sounds like its got mice inside Hilo Pentax Film SLR Discussion 12 03-18-2012 10:51 AM
Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 sounds when turned fmxrider11 Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 4 06-16-2011 12:57 AM
Should SR noise occur when SR is off? amoringello Pentax K-5 5 11-29-2010 06:03 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:16 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top