Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
Forum Member

SR sounds

Just got the Q a couple days ago......

With SR enacted there is a constant noise in the camera even sitting on a table. It's actually 2 noises and 1 almost sounds like a muffled auto focus getting the final focus lock if that makes sense. I wish I could explain this better. Turning SR off stops it...........

None of my other 4 Pentaxes have done this........anyone else have this issue if it truly is an issue?

01-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleRed Quote
Just got the Q a couple days ago......

With SR enacted there is a constant noise in the camera even sitting on a table. It's actually 2 noises and 1 almost sounds like a muffled auto focus getting the final focus lock if that makes sense. I wish I could explain this better. Turning SR off stops it...........

None of my other 4 Pentaxes have done this........anyone else have this issue if it truly is an issue?
Yup that's what it sounds like- that's the price to pay for full-time live view stabilization

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Yup that's what it sounds like- that's the price to pay for full-time live view stabilization
As long as it's happening to every Q owner then I'm ok with it Just wanted to make sure it isn't a problem.
01-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleRed Quote
As long as it's happening to every Q owner then I'm ok with it Just wanted to make sure it isn't a problem.
Just turn off the full time live view SR and use the Shake Reduction Options Mode1.
This is the last [C] tab in the menu and you are looking for option4. By default SR is Mode2. This EATS battery.
With Mode1 you'll still have SR when you take your pic. The constant sound is off though, you'll only hear it when you
press the shutter release for focusing and/or exposing. Thanks/Erik