Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2013, 09:13 AM   #16

Hiumidity is still a factor as heat index is not only about our ability to cool off via perspiration, but in humid environments the suns rays can be more intense. Similar to how you can sunburn easier on overcast days. The heat index is not necessarily the appropriate term, but with high humidity, the suns radiation can be more intense which would certainly contribute to cameras overheating.

Either way, lots of black plastic and metal with not a whole lot of ability to dissipate heat, then add in electronics in cramped spaces, it's not surprising that it overheated. Good to know, but I'd certainly try to avoid keeping it in situations like that

01-24-2013, 07:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Thanks Chris, I'm going to look into those cables. Any particular monitor you are using?
I'm using one of these which is probably overkill.

Lilliput UK 665GL-70NP/HO/Y 7 inch field monitor with high resolution LCD, HDMI and camera battery slot

It has the advantage of accepting lots of different types of input, focus peaking, exposure warnings etc.

Many LCD TV's have HDMI and AV inputs and larger screens, probably cheaper, but not as portable.

Chris