Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
settings for landscape with Q ?

i seem to have no trouble getting decent sharp images at least sometimes , even most of the time, with close subjects, but tend to have trouble with the landscapes or distant shots with the Q, what's best settings, f stop , etc ? or is it just the factor that this is a small sensor, and it is better for close subjects ? also just acquired the generic jjc lens hood like the one that comes with the da 40, for the 01 lens that i'm hoping will help with , what i think is ghosting or flare or ? not sure what term is correct here for light getting into the lens too much. mostly i use the 01 lens.
thanks

01-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's mostly going to be the small sensor at play. If you adapt a K-mount lens and shoot it close to wide-open you should get the best results. With the 01 lens I'd recommend not stopping it down too much to avoid diffraction.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-15-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Stopping down to around F2.8-4 seems to get the best sharpness and will make pretty much everything in focus. Stopping down further makes it worse.
Pentax-01 Standard Prime 8.5mm f/1.9 (Pentax Q) - Review / Lens Test - Analysis
01-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #4

Original Poster
ok, thanks, good analysis site too , thanks