Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #1

Why the wild price swings?

After checking out the Q for quite awhile and watching the crazy price swings, I decided to jump before these low prices finally disappear. I was hoping to get the Q with the 01 Prime, but I got tired of being Q-less, so I jumped on a deal with the Q/02 . I have only had it since last Friday, and haven't used it a lot. I think I can live with the 02 for now and play with adapted lenses to get started. I really would like the 01, and the Fisheye at some point. Thanks everyone for your advise so far...

What I don't understand about this camera system is the wild and crazy price swings, what gives?? Just today I checked Amazon for the 01 prime. Here's what I found: Amazon.com: Pentax-01 Standard Prime for Pentax Q Mount: Camera & Photo

And... I can't wait to jump on this super deal:Amazon.com: Pentax Q Digital Camera Dual Lens Kit with Pentax 8.5mm Q Mount Lens & Pentax 5-15 mm f/2.8-4.5 Q-Mount Zoom Lens (White): Camera & Photo

or maybe this one:
Amazon.com: Pentax Q 12.4 MP CMOS Sensor Kit with 8.5mm 1.9 AL [IF] Prime Lens (White): Camera & Photo

Lacro

01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Some third party sellers on Amazon don't have a clue is what I think.
01-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's not wild price swings, its called variation in the free market. Bob's right too, some 3rd party sellers have less than no clue. It has consistently been offered between $199 and $249 by Groupon, ShopNBC, Target and others. It's been pretty stable at that price range for around 3 months or so.