Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I've been using this one. It def helps and also saves battery because you can turn off the LCD once your options are set.

02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's one on ebay at the moment. They were sold part of this set for a Yashica rangefinder.
N1222 Yashica Aux Yashikor Tele Wide Angle Lens Finder Set for Electro 35 | eBay

This one is in poor shape. The rear glass is loose, but you can re glue it.
Pickers Tele Wide Finder Made in Japan | eBay

Prices have gone up. When I bought mine they were less than $20.

Another http://www.ebay.com/itm/Telephoto-Wide-Angle-Conversion-Lenses-Telephoto-Vie...item337fab517e

Last edited by crewl1; 02-05-2013 at 01:05 PM.
02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #33
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Here's one on ebay at the moment. They were sold part of this set for a Yashica rangefinder.
N1222 Yashica Aux Yashikor Tele Wide Angle Lens Finder Set for Electro 35 | eBay

This one is in poor shape. The rear glass is loose, but you can re glue it.
Pickers Tele Wide Finder Made in Japan | eBay

Prices have gone up. When I bought mine they were less than $20.

Another Telephoto Wide Angle Conversion Lenses Telephoto Viewfinder by Yashica | eBay
Do any of these have a 50mm frame?
02-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The outside brightlines are an approximate match to the 01 Prime field of view which is 47mm equivalent.
See this post for more.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/176194-external-viewfinder-recom...ml#post2111707

If you want an exact match to the Prime 01, Pentax sells a viewfinder for it.
Pentax O-VF1 47mm Viewfinder 31067 B&H Photo Video

02-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #35
Inactive Account

I'm in S Flaariduh too and the wide brim hat helps a lot. To eliminate reflections I just attached one of those lcd protector sheets on the screen which stopped the glare but also dimmed the view .. heh he .. framing I just shade with the other hand~
02-07-2013, 07:45 PM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
I'm in S Flaariduh too and the wide brim hat helps a lot. To eliminate reflections I just attached one of those lcd protector sheets on the screen which stopped the glare but also dimmed the view .. heh he .. framing I just shade with the other hand~
I use a hat, too, and ACMAXX protectors now (thanks doc). I just bumped the LCD brightness in Settings.
02-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In bright sun I wear a broad-brimmed hat (Tilley Hat) anyway for sun protection.
Tilley Hat! I have four of them going back to the very first model. Anyway, to stay on subject, I couldn't believe what I just did. Just bought a Q on the spur of the moment as I caught a glimpse of it on eBay while looking for something else completely. It had only minutes to run, and given that retail runs from 300 to 600 dollars, I waited to the last second and scored a new in box Q with No1 lens for $220.50 including post.
Now, while I wait, I am trying to catch up on Q information. My 40 serviceable film cameras will be most upset with me as they have had to wait their turns to get loaded with film. Now I have two digital cameras. K5 and Q.
Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated, as this looks like fun.

02-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated, as this looks like fun.
Update the firmware if is not already V1.10 https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/211176-firmware-update-reminder.html
02-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tilley Hat! I have four of them going back to the very first model.
I only have one Tilley Hat. So someone has more of something than I do. I'm off to tell my wife.
02-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First pictures. M200 mm f5.6. The buildings are 10 miles distant line of sight. The Q screen is impossible to see in bright light. This is pretty impressive the way it brings in the distance with an effective 1100mm. Used a tripod on this one.
02-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
First pictures. M200 mm f5.6
I'll bet if you stopped it down another notch or maybe two, the PF would greatly improve. Might be sharper, too.

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
To eliminate reflections I just attached one of those lcd protector sheets on the screen which stopped the glare but also dimmed the view
Maybe that's why I don't think the screen is as horrible as others say it is in bright sunlight... I've always had a screen protector installed. :-)
02-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

First pictures. M200 mm f5.6. The buildings are 10 miles distant line of sight. The Q screen is impossible to see in bright light. This is pretty impressive the way it brings in the distance with an effective 1100mm. Used a tripod on this one.
I'm waiting for one of these M200 in the mail as we speak, bough it on the bay.

For adapted telephoto on tripod Im using a generic Nikon v1 loupe, really makes focusing much easier. Grind the screw mounting slot a bit to clear the Q buttons. V5 2 8x LCD Viewfinder Screen Magnifier Loupes Magnificat for Nikon Camera V1 J1 | eBay
02-21-2013, 10:14 AM   #43
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I'm waiting for one of these M200 in the mail as we speak, bough it on the bay.

For adapted telephoto on tripod Im using a generic Nikon v1 loupe, really makes focusing much easier. Grind the screw mounting slot a bit to clear the Q buttons. V5 2 8x LCD Viewfinder Screen Magnifier Loupes Magnificat for Nikon Camera V1 J1 | eBay
What do you suppose would happen if I eliminated the tripod mount steps and just briefly held the loupe nearly against the LCD while focusing - then stepped back to press the remote button?
02-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #44
Inactive Account

what about mounting it to the hot shoe instead?
02-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
What do you suppose would happen if I eliminated the tripod mount steps and just briefly held the loupe nearly against the LCD while focusing - then stepped back to press the remote button?
You mean use the loupe without attaching it to the frame?

You could try it but you would need a steady hand to hold the loupe while moving the focus ring.

I wouldn't - I'm not that good and would probably get aggravated.

As far as the mod on the frame it is not much work. maybe you can use a metal file if no drill or dremel available.