Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-28-2013, 07:33 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Tight Fotodiox adapter

My wife's Fotodiox adapter showed up today and on the lens side, that sucker is tight! I stuck a lens on it & it took a bit of brute force to get it off. I know you can tighten them up as per this thread, but what about loosening it a little? I'm not mounting a plastic mount lens on it for sure, 'til I get it loosened up.

What about just leaving a lens on it for a few days? Could that compress the spring & maybe loosen it a little?

Cheers,
Bob :-)

01-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine was tight like that on the lens side when I got it
After using it for a while it loosened up.
Try taking a lens you are not to concerned about and attach/detach it a few times.
01-28-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
For mine, if I look at the adapter by itself and press down on the release latch from the edge, the pin does not retract all the way. I kind of have to stick my finger in a bit more and try to press the latch down directly perpendicular to the pin in order for it to retract *almost* completely and that makes removing lens a lot easier. However, it is so tight with my 1.5x converter that I need to stick a small screwdriver in there to retract the pin completely in order to remove the converter! I was almost in panic mode the first day I put the converter on it.
01-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #4

After testing all my lenses this weekend I found the plastic mount ones MUCH easier to remove. I also found that pushing the release pin and turning a tad toward tighten before turning it toward off helped it give up its grip on tighter lenses. It helped the pin release easier.

01-28-2013, 08:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
On my wife's the release button works ok, the spring is just tight. I worked it & it is starting to loosen up. I just didn't want to wreck a lens on it.

Cheers,
Bobbo :-)
01-28-2013, 08:55 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Fotodiox adapter is now without the locking pin. After a near heart attack when I couldn't remove my DFA 100 WR, it's gone now.
01-29-2013, 04:15 AM   #7
tux
Forum Member

yeah I made sure I put my cheapest lens on it 1st !! Mine was tight but not over tight.
01-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mine is starting to loosen up.
I'm sure that I didn't have the first few lenses I tried even locked in all the way, it was so tight, and I was so afraid.

01-29-2013, 06:48 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Mine seemed just right from the get go no problems with the pin or removing a lens, just lucky I guess

Hans
01-29-2013, 07:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
Mine seemed just right from the get go no problems with the pin or removing a lens, just lucky I guess
Mine was fine from the start as well. Wife's adapter is ok now. Gotta paint it as soon as the weather cooperates.