Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2013, 07:12 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I'm thinking about building a giant Qez Dispenser. Picture a Pez dispenser that spits out Pentax Qs rather than little candies.

02-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Another good side effect about these blowout deals is that it creates a market for a continued supply of lenses & bodies, which hopefully will ensure Pentax won't abandon the Q system.
02-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I thought about putting together a 'kit' to help sell the extra body, sans lens.
Include a new Q body, a $25 adapter, couple of extra generic batteries, and an older 50mm lens.
Show some pics of how it makes the lens a 275mm.
Nah, too much work.
02-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So help a noob here. I just caved the other day and grabbed the Q with the 01. Before I did, I wavered about which deal I wanted and it was apparent that the 01 was a better choice than the 02. So, is it really worth it to pick up another one and the 02? As some have mentioned, the market is a bit saturated for unloading the bodies. I guess the big picture is I would be getting a backup Q and the 02 for less than I could get the 02 by itself, right? Man, my wallet is starting to hate this place as much as the BBQ forum I am on

Nevermind, purchase complete.

Last edited by colonel00; 02-05-2013 at 07:30 AM.
02-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
So help a noob here. I just caved the other day and grabbed the Q with the 01. Before I did, I wavered about which deal I wanted and it was apparent that the 01 was a better choice than the 02. So, is it really worth it to pick up another one and the 02? As some have mentioned, the market is a bit saturated for unloading the bodies. I guess the big picture is I would be getting a backup Q and the 02 for less than I could get the 02 by itself, right? Man, my wallet is starting to hate this place as much as the BBQ forum I am on
Also keep in mind the extra battery and charger you get when buying a second kit.

It comes down to if you really want the 02 lens - if you do, then it is basically a no brainier to get this kit. You just might have to wait a bit to sell off the body or sell it for less than the going rate.
02-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Another good side effect about these blowout deals is that it creates a market for a continued supply of lenses & bodies, which hopefully will ensure Pentax won't abandon the Q system.
I am starting to wonder if that (flooding the market at a loss) is Ricoh's plan, since the decision to make the Q-mount system was not theirs, but it's continued use will mean a revenue stream (and compact mirrorless product line) for them in the long run...

Either way, you in the US, go get some! I see Newegg.ca has the same kit for *only* $350!
02-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
Newegg.ca has the same kit[/URL] for *only* $350!
Almost as much as it costs in Sweden.

(And I just bought a backup body too. With another 01 lens, I don't need the zoom, but who doesn't need an extra of that little lens?)

02-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Newegg.com keeps trying to take me to "newegg.ca" where it is $349. Anyone from Canada try to purchase from the .com site?
02-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote

Nevermind, purchase complete.
Congrats, and welcome aboard colonel00!

I'm on a bbq forum too (my other passion) and have 8 Weber grills and a smoker.
Haven't counted my Pentax lenses lately
02-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #25

Just snagged one. Was on the fence but couldn't pass this up
02-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #26

I managed to assemble my "kit," consisting of the body, 01, and 02 lenses for $310. I did the ShopNBC deal, then purchased the 01 kit from Groupon, harvested the lens, and sold the body on eBay.

In all, I am satisfied with the overall price I paid for the kit. I suppose someone could have gotten the Groupon deal on the 01 ($199) then followed it up with this deal on the 02 ($189), then re-sold the body on eBay for $150 and gotten the whole package for $230 (!!), but that would have taken some very fortuitous timing. Kudos to anyone who managed that trick!
02-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Congrats, and welcome aboard colonel00!

I'm on a bbq forum too (my other passion) and have 8 Weber grills and a smoker.
Haven't counted my Pentax lenses lately
Thanks, I think

Check out the BBQ Brethren if you haven't already. We have a bit of fun over there in the Woodpile.
02-05-2013, 08:11 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PenTX Quote
I managed to assemble my "kit," consisting of the body, 01, and 02 lenses for $310. I did the ShopNBC deal, then purchased the 01 kit from Groupon, harvested the lens, and sold the body on eBay.

In all, I am satisfied with the overall price I paid for the kit. I suppose someone could have gotten the Groupon deal on the 01 ($199) then followed it up with this deal on the 02 ($189), then re-sold the body on eBay for $150 and gotten the whole package for $230 (!!), but that would have taken some very fortuitous timing. Kudos to anyone who managed that trick!
Thanks. It's been a bit of work but avoiding eBay was part of the trick. Our marketplace has been excellent in that regard.
02-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #29
Pentaxian

I missed out on the Groupon deal and have been checking it regularly to see if it would be rerun. Glad to see this post. I just placed the order on NewEgg and ordered the K to Q adapter on Amazon as well.
02-05-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Not sure who I'm mad at - but man how am I supposed to save $ when even my wife says 'get two!'. Guess the micro 4-3rds gear must go...