Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Need those top dials switched

I shoot mainly in aperture preferred. I use my thumb to steady and stabilize the Q body, so it is natural to use the index finger to adjust aperture. Consquently I often by instinct move the front mode dial by mistake with my index finger. To move the "free" dial at the back requires my left hand to stabilize the body while my thumb up to move the back aperture dial. So much for one handed photographing using the 01 lens. Just ranting, still in love.

02-07-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kivis Quote
I shoot mainly in aperture preferred. I use my thumb to steady and stabilize the Q body, so it is natural to use the index finger to adjust aperture. Consquently I often by instinct move the front mode dial by mistake with my index finger. To move the "free" dial at the back requires my left hand to stabilize the body while my thumb up to move the back aperture dial. So much for one handed photographing using the 01 lens. Just ranting, still in love.
all loving relationships take time and work
02-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Q interface is so similar to the K-5 that I sometimes forget which I'm using and spin the front wheel on the Q to try to change the shutter speed. Doh!