Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #1

Red Filter for Q?

I'm planning to take my Q on a long upcoming trip to the Desert Southwest. It will serve as a back-up camera, and I'd like to use it as a bit of an art project.

One thing I'm considering is limiting myself to monochrome JPEGs -- to essentially treat the Q as if it's a b&w only camera for the duration of the trip.

Question: would shooting with a red 40.5mm filter be any different than just clicking the "red filter" button in Lightroom during post-processing? I haven't tried colored filters for digital photography before.

Thanks much.

02-08-2013, 02:45 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The real filter might give you flare or other problems, but on the other hand works as protection in a harsh environment.

If you shoot BW JPEGs the button in light room will do nothing. You can select a digital red filter in the camera though, which is probably what you want.
02-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is an internal filter for B&W in the Q. Use that.