Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #1

Voigtlander kontur viewfinder

I just got the Voigtlander kontur viewfinder, which was designed for 50mm FOV.

It works pretty well, imposing the frame lines in you vision.
To compensate for the offset, you have to assume the the right of the framing is slightly cut, and there is extra in he left side of he frame. I'm not sure why the offset is like this as the viewfinder is directly above the lens. Having said that it works really well after a few tries!

02-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the framing offset comes from your viewing eye being several inches to the side of the lens. The offset changes depending on how far away the subject is. Occluded eye sights for weapons (pistol, rifle, paintball, etc) are supposed to have a similar problem and only be right on for a single distance.

I picked up a Kontur for my K-01 (thinking that it was a 35mm FOV). It is just about perfect with a 28mm len (~43mm equivalent) because with the viewfinder image being a little bit tighter than the captured image the frame line offset doesn't really matter and I can crop a little to get the image I was expecting.