Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Portrait/landscape auto orientation?

Am I missing some obvious setting in the camera - shouldn't a shot taken with the Q held at vertical position automatically orient the image when viewed on the camera's LCD or on a monitor?

02-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by excanonfd Quote
Am I missing some obvious setting in the camera - shouldn't a shot taken with the Q held at vertical position automatically orient the image when viewed on the camera's LCD or on a monitor?
In the LCD- yes, but not necessarily on your PC (it depends on the software you're using).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
In the LCD- yes, but not necessarily on your PC (it depends on the software you're using).
No, it's not happening in the LCD either. I am using Irfanview (works with all Kxx series DSLR) on the PC.
02-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No, it's not happening in the LCD either. I am using Irfanview (works with all Kxx series DSLR) on the PC.
There's a setting for it, have you verified that it's enabled?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

02-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There's a setting for it, have you verified that it's enabled?
Which setting?
02-16-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Should yes, but it won't, because Pentax were too cheap to include an orientation sensor. (Or if you want to be charitable, they didn't have room for one.)
02-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That's bush league isn't it? Omitting these sort of taken-for-granted features that really drags the Pentax brand through the muck.
02-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #8

Photos: Albums
That's bush league isn't it? Omitting these sort of taken-for-granted features that really drags the Pentax brand through the muck.
So far, this is the only thing I REALLY dislike about the Q. It's been years since I've had to rotate images in post, now I have to do it again.

02-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #9
Pentaxian

Yeah, that's really a missing function as it is both cheap and the sensor is small these days. It's not that important for me but feels a bit weird.
02-16-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by post_eos Quote
So far, this is the only thing I REALLY dislike about the Q. It's been years since I've had to rotate images in post, now I have to do it again.
Come on, Nikon D3000 owners do it all the time!