Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2019, 04:47 AM - 3 Likes   #121
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Q with 06 plus 16mm exrension. LED ringflash, f8, same magnification as above which is @ 45mm closest focus. Mushroom is about 5mm across. Frond is an embryonic Kidney Fern native to NZ

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
06-19-2019, 10:24 AM   #122
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Q with 06 plus 16mm exrension. LED ringflash, f8, same magnification as above which is @ 45mm closest focus. Mushroom is about 5mm across. Frond is an embryonic Kidney Fern native to NZ
Nice images. Even like the one that went weird with multiple lights in water drops. Your images are making me rethink the usefulness of the extension tubes. Might pick up a set now.
Thanks,
barondla
06-19-2019, 01:27 PM - 1 Like   #123
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Nice images. Even like the one that went weird with multiple lights in water drops. Your images are making me rethink the usefulness of the extension tubes. Might pick up a set now.
Thanks,
barondla
They are only useful on the long lenses. The 01 would need one only 1-2 mm long and that is not available. On the 06 it only works between 30mm and 45. There is a very limited range of magnification available.
06-02-2020, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #124
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A hair with the Leitz Photar 25mm F2 at about 2,25:1 and with the Zeiss Luminar 16mm F2.5 at about 5,5:1 on the Q-S1.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 
06-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #125
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GUB Quote
Nice, very nice. Go to the head of the class.
01-18-2024, 06:58 AM - 3 Likes   #126
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A small white oniscus, photo taked with the Q-S1 and Leitz Photar 25mm f/2 at f/8, about 2,25:1, a little cropped.

02-07-2024, 02:59 PM - 1 Like   #127
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote
A small white oniscus, photo taked with the Q-S1 and Leitz Photar 25mm f/2 at f/8, about 2,25:1, a little cropped.
Amazing!

02-24-2024, 02:37 PM - 2 Likes   #128
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you, I like to use the Q (in my case Q-S1) as a small photo camera for high magnifacatio macrophotography, because of the small sensor even at reproduction ratio not extremely high can photograph very small animals, so if used with the built in flash like the previous shot is really compact and easy to have with me (with the external flash is more bulky but do not use the battery of the camera that is not lasting long so if I go with the intention of take photo I tend to use the external flash).

Another photo of that oniscus with the same setting as the previous one.

That photo is of a similar oniscus but a bit smaller with Q-S1 and Leitz Photar 25mm f/2 at f/5.6 (at about 2,25:1 and then cropped).

That photo of a Pauropoda was take with the Q-S1 and the Leitz Photar 25mm f/2 at f/5.6 (at about 2,25:1 and then cropped).

02-25-2024, 12:31 AM   #129
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by S.M. Quote
Thank you, I like to use the Q (in my case Q-S1) as a small photo camera for high magnifacatio macrophotography, because of the small sensor even at reproduction ratio not extremely high can photograph very small animals, so if used with the built in flash like the previous shot is really compact and easy to have with me (with the external flash is more bulky but do not use the battery of the camera that is not lasting long so if I go with the intention of take photo I tend to use the external flash).

Another photo of that oniscus with the same setting as the previous one.

That photo is of a similar oniscus but a bit smaller with Q-S1 and Leitz Photar 25mm f/2 at f/5.6 (at about 2,25:1 and then cropped).

That photo of a Pauropoda was take with the Q-S1 and the Leitz Photar 25mm f/2 at f/5.6 (at about 2,25:1 and then cropped).
Spectacular images! You are capturing an amazing amount of detail.
Thanks for sharing,
barondla