Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2013, 06:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Idea for the Q's quick dial

Had a thought & maybe it's a goofy idea, but I think it would be cool if Pentax supplied a software package that would allow the user to customize and combine filters, custom image settings, effects, etc. and load it into the quick dial via USB connection to a computer. So if you wanted say, bleach bypass AND vignetting, you could get it in any amount you wanted. Or any other combination of settings & effects. I think it would not only be much more flexible, but easier, since you could load whatever image you wanted into the software & adjust the effects based on that image, and see it on a computer monitor rather than a tiny screen. Maybe they could add a feature in the software so you could save sets of patches you could swap in & out as desired.

It's all just hypothetical, but I think one reason I thought of this was because I have a Digitech RP-1000 multi-effects unit for guitar that is similarly programmable via USB connected computer. It's MUCH faster and better than tweaking the settings with the knobs on the unit.

Just spitballing.

Cheers,
Bob :-)

02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I agree with you and I'm surprised that camera makers seem to have neglected USB transferable settings, even my computer mouse can load settings it! Sigma at least is approaching it with their new USB-customizable lens lineup.
02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That would certainly make the Q even more exciting and useful. Sigma started that with their flashes as I recall. The possibilities are nearly endless.