Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #1
Forum Member

Issue With Q and OEM Adapter

We just got our K-Q adapter in a few weeks ago and initial tests with the 15mm Ltd were very good. Everything seemed to work as normal. Then last weekend we took the Q, adapter, and kit lenses (18-55 and 50-200) on a weekend trip and started encountering issues. The Q seems to work fine with the 01 lens, but with adapted lenses I was only able to take 1 or 2 shots before the shutter clicked and stayed closed. The screen still displays information but the screen is dark otherwise. The only remedy is to shut the camera down and turn it on again, which needs to be repeated every few shots.

The Q firmware is version 1.10 and there doesn't appear to be any physical damage to the adapter (aperature opens and closes smoothly). The problem first appeared when using the camera outside in temperatures around 1 or 2 deg C, but still happens at room temperature (although it required 5 or 6 shots to appear in the latest test, which was conducted with a partially depleted battery). It exhibits the issue with both the kit lenses and the 15mm.

Has anyone encountered an issue like this?

02-25-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by polachekphotography Quote
We just got our K-Q adapter in a few weeks ago and initial tests with the 15mm Ltd were very good. Everything seemed to work as normal. Then last weekend we took the Q, adapter, and kit lenses (18-55 and 50-200) on a weekend trip and started encountering issues. The Q seems to work fine with the 01 lens, but with adapted lenses I was only able to take 1 or 2 shots before the shutter clicked and stayed closed. The screen still displays information but the screen is dark otherwise. The only remedy is to shut the camera down and turn it on again, which needs to be repeated every few shots.

The Q firmware is version 1.10 and there doesn't appear to be any physical damage to the adapter (aperature opens and closes smoothly). The problem first appeared when using the camera outside in temperatures around 1 or 2 deg C, but still happens at room temperature (although it required 5 or 6 shots to appear in the latest test, which was conducted with a partially depleted battery). It exhibits the issue with both the kit lenses and the 15mm.

Has anyone encountered an issue like this?
i experienced the same issue...the adapter was defective and had to send it back...the new one works great!!. nothing to do with firmware
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

you can look at pictures of what it looked like when it got stuck

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-mirrorless-camera-discussion/21301...adapter-2.html
02-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Yup, Amy is the expert on this one, send it back.

02-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Yup, Amy is the expert on this one, send it back.
unfortunately
02-25-2013, 01:11 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
Looks like I should have done a more exhaustive search because that's exactly the same issue! Thanks Amy and crewl1 for the responses.
02-26-2013, 10:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I believe SRS here in the UK had issues with the first batch, all is well now.

Chris
02-26-2013, 07:49 PM   #8
Forum Member

Mine does the same thing but I can live with it. I find it helps if you keep the adaptor all the way open or closed when starting up the Q.