Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 06:40 AM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I'm all in now.

I got the Q with the 01 lens back on the Groupon $199 deal. I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in too fast and I would just use it with the 01 for 6 months to see if I was going to keep it.

Then the $189 NewEgg deal came up and I got it for the 02 lens and sold the body for $135.

Then the Bootiq deal came up and I got the 03 fisheye for $80.

My wife and I were at a concert a week or two ago and I brought the Q but we were too far away for any special shots. My wife asked my why Pentax doesn't make a long zoom for the Q. I told her they did but I was trying to avoid spending too much money. She responded, "Don't be silly...we could have really used it tonight. Buy it!"

So...being the good husband that I am...I respected my wife's wishes and I just ordered the 06.

So there's no turning back now!

03-08-2013, 07:23 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
I got the Q with the 01 lens back on the Groupon $199 deal. I told myself I wouldn't get sucked in too fast and I would just use it with the 01 for 6 months to see if I was going to keep it.

Then the $189 NewEgg deal came up and I got it for the 02 lens and sold the body for $135.

My wife and I were at a concert a week or two ago and I brought the Q but we were too far away for any special shots. My wife asked my why Pentax doesn't make a long zoom for the Q. I told her they did but I was trying to avoid spending too much money. She responded, "Don't be silly...we could have really used it tonight. Buy it!"

So...being the good husband that I am...I respected my wife's wishes and I just ordered the 06.

Awesome. Good woman!
Now, don't start complaining when she wants one/two/three Pentaxes for herself!
03-08-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Awesome. Good woman!
Lauren,

That's funny you mention that.

She already has a Pentax K-x. And she saw that you can get the Q10 in purple in pink and she wants one. I'm recommending she hold out for the Q20(?) in the hopes it will have a decent jump in performance/features since the Q10 wasn't a big change from the Q.
03-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Enjoy all of that new gear ... J

03-08-2013, 07:51 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

Lauren,

That's funny you mention that.

She already has a Pentax K-x. And she saw that you can get the Q10 in purple in pink and she wants one. I'm recommending she hold out for the Q20(?) in the hopes it will have a decent jump in performance/features since the Q10 wasn't a big change from the Q.
Too funny!!!

They used to say "Diamonds were a girl's best friend" but in this day and age, I think Pentax is!

03-08-2013, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
LOL... My wife has 2 of 'em, as do I. We're an 8 Pentax household.... Oy.
03-08-2013, 09:40 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

You are so lucky! Time to get an adapter for your K lenses.
03-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
DaveInPA, the Q is addictive like that. Soon you want all the bits of the system. You are lucky the better half encourages buying more Pentax. What are you doing telling her to wait for a Q20? They may never make a pink and purple one. Better get her that Q10 while you can! There is nothing wrong with it's performance. She will love it.
thanks
barondla
The Q is fun. Some can't handle that.