Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Q and Fish Eye

Recently I visited Oregon with Q, and interestingly, I find myself shooting predominantly with a Fish Eye. Since there seems to be not a whole lot of pics taken with a fishy found on the internet I thought I would post here. I find this lens to have a very interesting set of characters . . . .

Oregon with Q - a set on Flickr

Thanks

03-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for posting, nice set. IQ seems good. At the same time, your pics have a kind of low-fi atmosphere, in the good sense. Probably because you are not afraid to make the darker parts really black.
03-11-2013, 11:56 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beeldmark Quote
Thanks for posting, nice set. IQ seems good. At the same time, your pics have a kind of low-fi atmosphere, in the good sense. Probably because you are not afraid to make the darker parts really black.
Thank you.

The thing about Q and toy lenses with MF is that it becomes less and less about IQ, and more and more about shapes and shadows in that lenses are not all that sharp to begin with, and pinpoint accuracy in focusing, even with peaking, is very difficult to achieve due to the size of the LCD screen. It is almost like shooting with your iPhone, something like that.

Often shooting with Leica and 645D, I have to tell you that Q brings something entirely different layer of aesthetics to the way I shoot. Yeah, the sensor is small and all that, but the camera is not about all that . . . .
03-11-2013, 01:39 PM   #4

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think I know what you mean. Limitations can sparkle your creativity sometimes.

03-11-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Nice set... After being a cheapskate & trying several aftermarket fisheyes, I finally relented & got the 03 fisheye, which is what I should have done to begin with. The 03 is so much better than the alternatives, it's ridiculous.
03-16-2013, 07:40 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yes nce images all except one.

I have the fisheye too and here are some images as well as a little write up about using it.

Pentax Q Fish-eye | Wallace Koopmans Artlog

03-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
Inactive Account

excellent use of the fish ^^ Painter!

these are all with the q/03 combo : Dermandar

Fisheating Creek WMA | Awakenthegrass