Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A Baby Pentax for a Baby Pentaxian

It looks like she found the viewfinder. Just got my Q today. It's really a solid little camera and totally Pentax. I didn't feel too concerned to let her play with it a bit(supervised) while the battery charged up. It's amazing how well it fits in a 2 year old's hands. I've heard it was small, but I had to see it to believe it. I really regret missing out on the 5-15 deal a few weeks back. It's kind of a shame not to have a native lens for the camera, but I'm still waiting on my scope adapter; then I'll be in the birding business.

03-11-2013, 10:04 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
nder. Just got my Q today. It's really a solid little camera and totally Pentax. I didn't feel too concerned to let her play with it a bit(supervised) while the battery charged up. It's amazing how well it fits in a 2 year old's hands. I've heard it was small, but I had to see it to believe it. I really regret missing out on the 5-15 deal a few weeks back. It's kind of a shame not to have a native lens for the camera, but I'm still waiting on my scope adapter; then I'll be in the birding business.
Excellent photo! I see you have the stock cap on there. It is a small investment but I purchased a third-party body cap + lens rear cap that are mount onto the camera rather than sliding out/in. It really is a number 1 accessory to have for such a small camera in my opinion.
03-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #3
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The more time goes by, the more the Q has appeal.
Good find and enjoy shooting with it (and your daughter too).
03-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Quij Quote
Excellent photo! I see you have the stock cap on there. It is a small investment but I purchased a third-party body cap + lens rear cap that are mount onto the camera rather than sliding out/in. It really is a number 1 accessory to have for such a small camera in my opinion.
Thanks. I was surprised how the cap kind of just fell off. I'll be sure to pick up the aftermarket cap. This was taken minutes after I unpacked it. She's a big fan of cameras, being almost the sole focus of my hobby for her whole life. She said "Is that a camera, daddy?" and she instantly fell in love with it.

03-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It looks like she found the viewfinder. Just got my Q today. It's really a solid little camera and totally Pentax. I didn't feel too concerned to let her play with it a bit(supervised) while the battery charged up. It's amazing how well it fits in a 2 year old's hands. I've heard it was small, but I had to see it to believe it. I really regret missing out on the 5-15 deal a few weeks back. It's kind of a shame not to have a native lens for the camera, but I'm still waiting on my scope adapter; then I'll be in the birding business.
Looks like she is having fun. If you want to try the 01, 02, 03 let me know. Hit me up when you are ready to go birding.
03-12-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Looks like she is having fun. If you want to try the 01, 02, 03 let me know. Hit me up when you are ready to go birding.
Thanks, I will. I took a test photo, late, hand-held and shooting into the western sky. I knew it wouldn't turn out, but it was the closest bird. I've never seen more purple fringe in my life. I'll give it a more serious go when the scope mount arrives.
03-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks, I will. I took a test photo, late, hand-held and shooting into the western sky. I knew it wouldn't turn out, but it was the closest bird. I've never seen more purple fringe in my life. I'll give it a more serious go when the scope mount arrives.
Some lenses that may have a tendency towards PF can have that quality exaggerated by the Q.
You can see if others have tried the same lens you tested in the adapted lenses thread, and perhaps their results and settings will help.
If your tested lens does not show then please add a review when you are satisfied with your testing.