Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #1

anti-shake update stopped working

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

hi

i was looking forward to using the anti-shake feature of the Q and the firmware update went through fine. for several days i tried different lenses and entered different focal lengths.

however today i noticed that the anti-shake option is grayed-out and and turned off. i haven't made any major menu changes but trying to change settings to get the anti-shake back haven't worked.

i also noticed two things:

1) after i turned the camera on after updating the firmware, everything was reset back to default, including time and date among other things. is that normal?

2) every time i start the camera the focal length setting is there waiting for a selection. i've been hitting OK because i selected a lens to use and left it on the camera and its the only way i know to get past that menu. is it normal to have to enter that info every time?

do you think my firmware update went through correctly or should i do it again?

thanks for any help!
krem

03-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by krema Quote
hi

i was looking forward to using the anti-shake feature of the Q and the firmware update went through fine. for several days i tried different lenses and entered different focal lengths.

however today i noticed that the anti-shake option is grayed-out and and turned off. i haven't made any major menu changes but trying to change settings to get the anti-shake back haven't worked.

i also noticed two things:

1) after i turned the camera on after updating the firmware, everything was reset back to default, including time and date among other things. is that normal?

2) every time i start the camera the focal length setting is there waiting for a selection. i've been hitting OK because i selected a lens to use and left it on the camera and its the only way i know to get past that menu. is it normal to have to enter that info every time?

do you think my firmware update went through correctly or should i do it again?

thanks for any help!
krem
Are you using adapted lenses or native Q lenses? With native lenses, it shouldn't ever ask for the focal length.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
03-19-2013, 08:35 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Are you using adapted lenses or native Q lenses? With native lenses, it shouldn't ever ask for the focal length.
i'm using adapted lenses, C and M42 mount.
03-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Adapted lenses will ask for a focal length each time you turn on the Q.

Check the drive mode, if you select remote or time delay the shake reduction is turned off by default as it assumes you are using a tripod.

11-05-2014, 07:36 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hmm

I thought I just replied to this thread, but its not showing. Maybe I replied to the wrong thread.

Thanks to those that offered their help - it helped, despite the over year-long delay.

K
11-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #6

Photos: Albums
hi

thanks for any help!
krem
remote control and timer mode doesn't support SR ...
11-10-2014, 02:16 PM   #7
Pentaxian

i'm using adapted lenses, C and M42 mount.
This is the place where I display ignorance.
I know what a M42-mount is.
What is a C-mount?

11-10-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
GUB
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
What is a C-mount?
Budget lens with surprising results.
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2051541.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC...unt&_sacat=625
11-11-2014, 05:12 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
What is a C-mount?
i didn't know about C or D mount lenses until i got going with the Q. once i saw what those little jewels could do i was hooked. i still think the Q is the most unique camera out there to date. for the last 8 years or so i was asking random strangers why there was no 1/2.3" sensor camera body. that reminds of something i need to post!