Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #46
Forum Member

The only thing what comes to mind — quality varies.
Someone should send few 06's to photozone D:

04-14-2013, 07:38 PM   #47
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My 06 is pretty crappy at the long end too. At 45mm everything but the centre 10% is abysmal wide open, and the corners only become really usable at about f/8.0.
From 15mm out about about 35mm it is quite decent even wide open, which is where you probably want to be for portraits anyway.
Like any lens, it's all about learning its strengths and playing to them, and avoiding its weaknesses.
04-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderography Quote
Still doesn't take away from the fact the 06 looks pretty bad at the long end... or maybe you just do not have a clue what your doing? but those images are beyond soft, and I doubt you have seen an sonnetar shots other than wide open, not many people own them and I'm one of the only people who post images on the net and I deleted all my Q images from the net but a very few amount as the quality was making my galleries look bad compared to my film shots... and no, the sonnetar is beyond sharp @F4, sharper than anything the Q has to offer currently, someone needs to get there glasses checked
Take it easy, its only a hunk of metal and glass, no need to get personal.