Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxoe Quote
History and cache (in case clearing history does not include clearing the cache in your browser). Which browser are you using?
It does if you are a) using the right browser and b) have your settings set up correctly

04-17-2013, 06:05 PM   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 4,988
v1.12 is up on Japan site:

Latest PENTAX Q Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #33
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Thanks. The site states this about v1.12:

Changes to V1.12
  • Corrected --- Tone Expansion of Smart Effect is not effect correctly in firmware version 1.11.
  • Improved stability for general performance.*If you have already updated to Version1.11, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please update to Version 1.12.
    Note: When update is executed, the camera setting will be returned to default setting. We recommend you to make a memorandum the setting of your camera before updating.
    *Contents of [Version 1.11] and earlier version will be also updated.
04-17-2013, 07:21 PM   #34
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,969
Docrwm ...

Changes to V1.12 •Corrected --- Tone Expansion of Smart Effect is not effect correctly in firmware version 1.11.
•Improved stability for general performance.*If you have already updated to Version1.11, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please update to Version 1.12.
Note: When update is executed, the camera setting will be returned to default setting. We recommend you to make a memorandum the setting of your camera before updating.
*Contents of [Version 1.11] and earlier version will be also updated.


If I updated to version 1.11 already, and I don't really care about Tone Expansion, would it still be worth it updating to V. 1.12?
My Q behaves perfectly as it is, so I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would be in the same situation as I am.

JP


04-17-2013, 07:26 PM   #35
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Docrwm ...

Changes to V1.12 •Corrected --- Tone Expansion of Smart Effect is not effect correctly in firmware version 1.11.
•Improved stability for general performance.*If you have already updated to Version1.11, we are very sorry for this inconvenience. Please update to Version 1.12.
Note: When update is executed, the camera setting will be returned to default setting. We recommend you to make a memorandum the setting of your camera before updating.
*Contents of [Version 1.11] and earlier version will be also updated.


If I updated to version 1.11 already, and I don't really care about Tone Expansion, would it still be worth it updating to V. 1.12?
My Q behaves perfectly as it is, so I was wondering if you (or anyone else) would be in the same situation as I am.

JP
I am in that situation - I do not use tone expansion, have v1.11 on my Q, and it is operating much better with v1.11. I don't want to loose any of the gains that v1.11 brought either.
04-17-2013, 07:28 PM   #36
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,969
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I am in that situation - I do not use tone expansion, have v1.11 on my Q, and it is operating much better with v1.11. I don't want to loose any of the gains that v1.11 brought either.
Hey, thanks for the very quick reply!
Much appreciated!
I'll stick with V.1.11 then.

JP
04-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #37
Forum Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 54
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
Thank's for the headsup,that solves my problem from earlier today
No issues with this Download but have not installed yet,still on v111.

Regards
Ted
04-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #38
Veteran Member
steve1307's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sydney
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,128
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I am in that situation - I do not use tone expansion, have v1.11 on my Q, and it is operating much better with v1.11. I don't want to loose any of the gains that v1.11 brought either.
Are you suggesting that they would deliberately make the focusing "worse" on the Q in V1.12 to try and herd everyone to the Q10 for a so-called upgrade to a colourful plastic body. Bit of a conspiracy theory in that , you think?


This is Canon-esque engineering, design a great camera with plenty of features and lots of metering and AF points and then gradually dilute the design, cripple the features and build the bodies progressively worse decending to the lower models (as the model numbers get higher) so they can sell as many models as possible of what is essentially the same product to beginners and poorer people. That annoys me.
The trick is to make it just "bad enough" to get people to be satisfied at first, but then want to upgrade to next model up the ladder soon after.


BTW I'm sticking with Q V1.11 for the time being until you guys tell me otherwise.

04-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #39
Senior Member
Zaphodmonster's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 150
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I am in that situation - I do not use tone expansion, have v1.11 on my Q, and it is operating much better with v1.11. I don't want to loose any of the gains that v1.11 brought either.
This is my feeling exactly. I feel like I'm being overly paranoid by not downloading v1.12 but the v1.11 really blew me away as far as upgrades go
04-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #40
Loyal Site Supporter
LeRolls's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: PSL, FL
Posts: 3,434
Not really interested in 1.12 especially if I have to redo all my settings again. Very happy with 1.11 so I'm just going to stick with that one.
04-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #41
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 775
Installed 1.12, AF seems faster. I didn't install 1.11 but I can't imagine it being different.
04-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #42
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
QuoteOriginally posted by LeRolls Quote
Not really interested in 1.12 especially if I have to redo all my settings again. Very happy with 1.11 so I'm just going to stick with that one.
The Tone Expansion is wrong, as there is the bug. V1.12 fixes it.
04-18-2013, 05:05 AM - 1 Like   #43
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by steve1307 Quote
Are you suggesting that they would deliberately make the focusing "worse" on the Q in V1.12 to try and herd everyone to the Q10 for a so-called upgrade to a colourful plastic body. Bit of a conspiracy theory in that , you think?


This is Canon-esque engineering, design a great camera with plenty of features and lots of metering and AF points and then gradually dilute the design, cripple the features and build the bodies progressively worse decending to the lower models (as the model numbers get higher) so they can sell as many models as possible of what is essentially the same product to beginners and poorer people. That annoys me.
The trick is to make it just "bad enough" to get people to be satisfied at first, but then want to upgrade to next model up the ladder soon after.


BTW I'm sticking with Q V1.11 for the time being until you guys tell me otherwise.
No, I'm not saying that at all. It's just that I like the number 1.11 so much that I'm going to keep it. All those straight lines are so much more aesthetically appealing than 1.12 - that 2 just detracts from the ethereal beauty of the 1.11.
04-18-2013, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #44
Site Supporter
Sandy Hancock's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,245
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
No, I'm not saying that at all. It's just that I like the number 1.11 so much that I'm going to keep it. All those straight lines are so much more aesthetically appealing than 1.12 - that 2 just detracts from the ethereal beauty of the 1.11.
Ah yes, but 1, 1 and 2 are the first three numbers of the Fibonacci sequence....
04-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #45
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Ah yes, but 1, 1 and 2 are the first three numbers of the Fibonacci sequence....
True, but 1, 1, and 1 are Divine as they produce 3 out of 1.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, firmware, mirrorless, pentax, pentax q, pentax q firmware, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Q Firmware 1.11 JPT Pentax Q 166 04-23-2013 08:38 AM
New Q firmware (1.11) thibs Pentax News and Rumors 36 04-03-2013 08:13 PM
Focus Peaking for the Q with Firmware 1.1 pico Pentax Q 113 12-20-2012 06:51 PM
New FIrmware Update v.1.12 geru2000 Pentax K-r 53 06-07-2012 11:30 AM
Firmware 1.12 coming? Mike.P® Pentax K-5 21 01-11-2012 08:20 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:12 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top