Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2013, 01:43 PM - 3 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sold a Q yesterday...

Wasn't my Q, but anyway...

Yesterday this guy I worked with mentioned he was kinda into photography, but all he had currently was an old Fujitsu digital P&S. We got to chatting & I mentioned what I shot with, and he seemed particularly taken with the Q...especially it's long tele possibilities and flexibility with the lenses you can adapt to it. After I brought up a website showing him a few pics I had taken with my Q, and a stock photo of the impossibly tiny Q on a keyring, the deal was done. He immediately jumped on his computer & ordered the $250 Q + 02 kit from Amazon, and picked up a couple of other lenses & stuff we chatted about.

I took my Q kit to work today so he could play around with it & actually see what he just ordered, and he was practically salivating.

That makes the 4th person who has bought Pentax after seeing my Pentax gear. I can't help but think if they get their products out there in stores and let more people know they exist, they will sell.

In the meantime, guess I'll just continue to convert the world, one Pentaxian at a time. :-P

05-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GibbyTheMole Quote
Wasn't my Q, but anyway...

Yesterday this guy I worked with mentioned he was kinda into photography, but all he had currently was an old Fujitsu digital P&S. We got to chatting & I mentioned what I shot with, and he seemed particularly taken with the Q...especially it's long tele possibilities and flexibility with the lenses you can adapt to it. After I brought up a website showing him a few pics I had taken with my Q, and a stock photo of the impossibly tiny Q on a keyring, the deal was done. He immediately jumped on his computer & ordered the $250 Q + 02 kit from Amazon, and picked up a couple of other lenses & stuff we chatted about.

I took my Q kit to work today so he could play around with it & actually see what he just ordered, and he was practically salivating.

That makes the 4th person who has bought Pentax after seeing my Pentax gear. I can't help but think if they get their products out there in stores and let more people know they exist, they will sell.

In the meantime, guess I'll just continue to convert the world, one Pentaxian at a time. :-P
commission time!!
05-02-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Excellent. I have had similar experiences through photo clubs and meet ups. Perhaps Pentax ought to hire Pentaxians to make presentations to likely groups?
05-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

As you know, when I'm out and about my friends regularly literally take my Q away from me to play with it and they simply cannot believe the tiny camera can make the photos I show them - and that it is an ILC!!.

05-02-2013, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
At the current prices of the Q and the K-01, they are a real easy sale. I convinced a friend to buy a K-01 40XS kit, he loves it. The K-30 is also an excellent value. I think I have someone in the office on the hook for one of those.
05-04-2013, 11:27 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

3 members of our club bought a Q on the strength of the results I was getting with mine, and the obvious portability.

Chris
05-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #7

Been there, done that Q prices came down so much that one just can't pass up on a deal like that. There are better compact cameras out there but not for this price. And none of them are as fun to use as the Q. 30 year old extremely fast lenses for tele shooting that are the size of the camera, oldschool leather care, badass red dot sight on top. I love the look on people's faces when they see it
05-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #8
Site Supporter

I own a ton of cameras (even a Leica M9) but lately I have been using my Q about 90% of the time.