Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Quick Pentax Bag Report

Decided to share my bag-buying experience with the group:

I was looking for a small bag that would allow me to carry my Q+01 as well as my 02, 06, and 03 fisheye lenses. I saw this bag on eBay for $10 and decided to take a gamble:

Y648 Digital Camera Bag for Pentax K 01 VS20 RZ18 Q RS1500 S1 WG 1 RS1000 RZ10 | eBay

As you can see from the pictures, it ends up being a perfect fit for my gear. Another thing I found for anyone with the Olympus OMD E-M5 camera, the small case for the included flash unit fits the 03 Fisheye perfectly.

The bag itself is pretty decent for the price. Not the same construction quality as a Tenba or Lowepro, but adequate for my needs. The padding it has is also adequate for walking around use.

One thing to note is that the bag had a strange chemical/synthetic odor when it first arrived. I left it in my office with the top open for a few days and that odor eventually went away.

Either way, I'm pleased with the bag as it gives me the smallest bag possible that fits the gear. There's a pouch on the front of the bag that provides a spot for a few batteries or memory cards. The downside is the pouch has no zipper or velcro to seal it so there is a small chance of things falling out it.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
E-M5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
E-M5  Photo 
05-03-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Ok..where/what is the shade/cover/cap on the 01 prime?
I'd like to buy that combination!
05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
Ok..where/what is the shade/cover/cap on the 01 prime?
I'd like to buy that combination!
Lauren,

I bought a generic hood from eBay similar to this one (The one I bought was cheaper...I can't find any cheap deals on eBay right now):

US New Lens Hood for Pentax Q 8 5mm Lens Replaces Pentax MH RA40 5 | eBay

But these hoods come with a screw cap which is annoying. So I bought 5 "pinch" caps from eBay. I bought one at first and lost it...its more cost effective to buy in bulk.

5pcs 25mm Side Pinch Snap on Front Cap for Lens Filters Canon Nikon Sony Pentax | eBay

Dave
05-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
Lauren,

I bought a generic hood from eBay similar to this one (The one I bought was cheaper...I can't find any cheap deals on eBay right now):

US New Lens Hood for Pentax Q 8 5mm Lens Replaces Pentax MH RA40 5 | eBay

But these hoods come with a screw cap which is annoying. So I bought 5 "pinch" caps from eBay. I bought one at first and lost it...its more cost effective to buy in bulk.

5pcs 25mm Side Pinch Snap on Front Cap for Lens Filters Canon Nikon Sony Pentax | eBay

Dave
Thanks!

05-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #5

Nice bag, thanks for the report.
05-06-2013, 03:57 AM   #6

I have been looking for exactly something like this - thanks!