Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2013, 02:10 AM   #1

My first day out with the Q

The Portraitblographer

Really loving this little cam. Performed admirably in all situations. All images SOOC. Easy as pie

05-05-2013, 02:34 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Cool, nice pics! It's an easy camera to love I think - so small yet so powerful. And w/ the special effect dial in the front, adding a little twist to your pics is easy to do. Isn't it amazing at how different the camera is with the firmware update? You get focus peaking, much faster AF, and SR for adapted lenses (if you have ever wanted a 250mm f1.7 lens with optical stablization, try to get your hands on a Pentax M50 1.7 for not a lot of money and be amazed). All that and you didn't have to pay extra for it!!!! Love it...

So did you only get the prime or do you have some of their other lenses coming? I really enjoy the fishy #3 and the tele zoom #6. I wish the standard zoom was a fixed 2.8, but it is what it is. I still use it a lot as it's a great range for walking around (I think in 35mm terms it's like 28-70 ish).

Fun blog you've got there - thanks for sharing! I see you decided to get a k01 too - quirky little cam, but endearing in it's special kind of way. But that sensor in that camera is awesome! Anyways, have fun with your toys!
05-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for your reply and kind words. I really am enjoying this little camera. Im used to Aspc sized sensors so was unsure how I would feel about it, given the lack of DOF control etc. But to be honest, it really is a creative little package. I can take it anywhere and the AF improvement post firmware update is huge! I have the prime and the zoom at present. I like the idea of the fisheye and yes, a fixed aperture zoom would be cool!

I have the K01 - still debating whether to keep it, but I like it equally as much as the Q. but I am waiting (and waiting) for a Sony A77, which comes with the 16-50 f2.8. If I hadn't already ordered this I might seriously consider the K01 over it, despite the lack of a VF and fixed aperture zoom. I am a Sony fan, but I think I can call myself a Pentax fan now too.
05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice blog and pics TcKay. Enjoyed the story telling style. The Q fits your style perfectly.

You should keep the K-01. A deal like this won't come again any time soon. A Sony heart beats in the K-01.
thanks
barondla