Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Is this the foot for the K-Q Adapter?

PentaxWebstore.com:Tripod Mount for DA*300MM/Q Adapter Tripod Mount for DA*300MM/Q Adapter
Tripod Mount for DA*300MM/Q Adapter

Available for backorder Ships within 10 business days

$89.95

05-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yep. And it appears to be marked up 100%
05-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
**cough**cough** $90......really?
05-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

dunno about the K-Q adapter, but this is the tripod bracket for the 60-250

...and it's free when you buy the lens

05-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stormtech Quote
I knew when I ordered mine that the price via the "back-channels" 1) wouldn't last 2) You probably can't order it that way again.

So I bought two when I did.

I'm beginning to see the fruits of my mantra paying off.

That is - always have money set aside for Pentax stuff that goes up and down in price like the stock market!!!!!

Note-to-self...have plenty of money set aside when black Friday 2013 rolls around!!!!
05-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Good plan Lauren - we certainly are on a roller coaster ride with Pentax prices.

Well, now it's time for Panoguy's guy with the tripod foot to bring his to market!
05-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, yes as I recall it was $50ish when last mentioned. But look at my thread on the 06 at the Pentax USA Webstore and its new MAP price

Yes, cut and pasted from the page I linked to - hard to believe, isn't it?

I knew when I ordered mine that the price via the "back-channels" 1) wouldn't last 2) You probably can't order it that way again.

So I bought two when I did.

I'm beginning to see the fruits of my mantra paying off.

That is - always have money set aside for Pentax stuff that goes up and down in price like the stock market!!!!!

Note-to-self...have plenty of money set aside when black Friday 2013 rolls around!!!!
AMEN to that!

I did a search on Google with "Pentax PTX 38100" which is the part number and got precisely one link - to the Pentax USA Webstore for $89.
05-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Good plan Lauren - we certainly are on a roller coaster ride with Pentax prices.

Well, now it's time for Panoguy's guy with the tripod foot to bring his to market!
Yep. I will buy two of those when they are available!

05-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Thanks, yes as I recall it was $50ish when last mentioned. But look at my thread on the 06 at the Pentax USA Webstore and its new MAP price

Yes, cut and pasted from the page I linked to - hard to believe, isn't it?

AMEN to that!

I did a search on Google with "Pentax PTX 38100" which is the part number and got precisely one link - to the Pentax USA Webstore for $89.
Yep. I managed to pick up the 06 a few weeks back. I realized that the *buzz* had died down and I "bought low".

Also, an inside scoop concerning B&H. They use Endeca. It's *why* B&H is so awesome when it comes to pricing. Because Endeca is so flexible, as well as B&H being heavily invested in other top-notch software - as well as a top notch IT department - they are able to move pricing around very dynamically and quickly.

B&H's backend is off-the-charts-state-of-the-art.

Why mention it here?

Always follow B&H and their pricing. They make exceptional use of their tools and they really give great pricing based on what they can sell for.

To my knowledge, no other retailer in this space is as advanced when it comes to the integration that B&H has.

B&H is the "ticker-tape/stock market" of the camera business.

Follow their lead - buy low - sell high.
05-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Yep. I will buy two of those when they are available!
The "camera-support gnomes" are working as fast as they can! They're backlogged a bit, carving mini-tripods from bamboo (from a revised design that won't infringe on Gorrillapod patents, ever since Joby lawyers killed 3 gnomes at a trades show!)...
05-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

$90 for the foot and $600 for the 06 lens? I am just happy with what I have thank you Pentax. Checkbook closed.......
05-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
$90 for the foot and $600 for the 06 lens? I am just happy with what I have thank you Pentax. Checkbook closed.......
Wow $600 I should be getting my 06 by Fedex tomorrow for $242.86 incl. shipping.

Hans
05-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #13
Pentaxian

use a modified e-bay third party canon 100f2.8 macro foot

I use a modified foot from the canon 100mmF2.8 macro.

there are many different varieties available on E-Bay starting at about $10. I know other forum members who have tried plastic ones, but i purchased an aluminum one.

the issue is it is about 3-4mm larger in diameter than the body of the adapter, but that is easily fixed by placement of a thick leather pad around the entire circumference.

works like a charm and offers one additional advantage, you can rotate the camera, where as the pentax one has you in horizontal format only.

if you have the Sigma 70-200/2.8 this foot also works with similar padding (I have this also but did not want to commit the foot to the adapter because I still use it for the 70-200

SOme members have also filed / ground the foot opening to close it up on the adapter but i see no need, the leather padding if you can get it thick enough, or if you laminate several layers works very well indeed, and is soft enough so that it does not harm the finish