Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-10-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Underwater housing for Q

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Looking for a simple inexpensive housing (an oxymoron I know but the Chinese one's on eBay are ~ $100 for say a similar Nikon 1) ? anybody seen any ??

Obviously to work with the 03 fisheye .. would make an awesome UW cam~!

05-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax has the WG-3 for that purpose

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
sure but no fisheye on WG-3 !
05-03-2014, 04:25 AM   #4

No feedback on underwater housings for the Q? Surely someone out there has used or considered options... please share! Thanks.

05-03-2014, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
Looking for a simple inexpensive housing (an oxymoron I know but the Chinese one's on eBay are ~ $100 for say a similar Nikon 1) ? anybody seen any ??

Obviously to work with the 03 fisheye .. would make an awesome UW cam~!
There is no dedicated housing for the Pentax Q.

If you merely want to dunk your Q in the water, you should be able to find a camera pouch suitable for the Q. These are cheap, easy to get (eBay, Amazon), but not very convenient to operate underwater and won't go deeper than 5 meters.

I'm wondering whether the Q will fit into this: SeaShell SS-1

It looks good, goes right to 40 meters deep but, once the camera is inside the enclosure, you can only access the power button and the shutter release. The Pentax Q is not listed on the compatibility page of the maker's website, but the Q is not widely distributed, so it might have been unintentionally omitted from the list. It looks like the Q might fit but I would try it first before buying or buy from a vendor with a no-questions-asked return policy.

Cheers!

Abbazz
05-03-2014, 11:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This worked for me for casual snorkeling... Depends on how deep you are going I guess.

Camera Waterproof Underwater Case Pouch Housing Bag for Nikon J1 1 Panasonic GF3 | eBay
06-25-2015, 02:48 PM - 3 Likes   #7

Modified Ikelite housing

Hello,

I have modified an Ikelite housing, which I just used today to bring my Q7 on a 20m dive. More details here:

This might be of some use to you

Very Best Regards,
Joachim

06-25-2015, 09:31 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the forum joachimhs. What a fascinating first post. Glad the Q7 stayed dry. You did a lot of work to have the world's only Q under water housing. Please post more underwater pics.
thanks for sharing
barondla
07-09-2015, 02:38 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Lovely, and just the info I need for an upcoming shoot,... looks like I might have to add a Q to my K-01,.. and own the worlds smallest and largest mirrorless cameras.