Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-21-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lens cases?

Does anyone know of any lens cases on the market for the two zoom lenses? (02 and 06)

05-21-2013, 04:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bought this case for the two zooms:

Amazon.com: Manfrotto MB SCP-3BB NANO III Camera Pouch (Black): Camera & Photo

It doesn't have a handle or strap, but it fits the two lenses perfectly (even with reversed hoods) and is great for securing both lenses when carrying in a bag with other stuff.

05-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks mate - its a start.
I might go talk to the local leather works and see if I can have a couple of old school leather ones made.
05-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Look for Onyx cases at BH.

05-21-2013, 05:13 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
I bought this case for the two zooms:

Amazon.com: Manfrotto MB SCP-3BB NANO III Camera Pouch (Black): Camera & Photo

It doesn't have a handle or strap, but it fits the two lenses perfectly (even with reversed hoods) and is great for securing both lenses when carrying in a bag with other stuff.
That one looks pretty cool and the size V or VI version could fit the Q + 01prime. The VII size looks like it might fit Q w/01 +02lens which is what i'm looking for.

At the moment i've got the 02 lens in a DA21 "leatherette" bag and the Q+01 together with it in the lens case that came with a Sigma 8-16. It fits but is kinda bulky.
05-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

i like these Pack Micro Lens Pouch for Leica, Micro Four Thirds, Fuji X-Pro 1, Sony NEX, Pentax Q, Nikon 1 Lenses - Small, Medium

Amazon.com: 2 Pack Micro Lens Pouch for Leica, Micro Four Thirds, Fuji X-Pro 1, Sony NEX, Pentax Q, Nikon 1 Lenses - Small, Medium: Electronics
05-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm wondering if there's any longish, tube shaped, hard case for the lenses. I remember seeing people using something like that for fitting the DA trio into a single case. Would love to find something similar for 01, 02 + 06.

05-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
I'm wondering if there's any longish, tube shaped, hard case for the lenses. I remember seeing people using something like that for fitting the DA trio into a single case. Would love to find something similar for 01, 02 + 06.
I was looking for the same thing but couldn't find anything online that I was certain would work. One idea I stumbled upon was possibly using a microphone case. But I think I would have to stop at a music store with some lenses to test the fit.
06-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pearsaab Quote
i like these Pack Micro Lens Pouch for Leica, Micro Four Thirds, Fuji X-Pro 1, Sony NEX, Pentax Q, Nikon 1 Lenses - Small, Medium

Amazon.com: 2 Pack Micro Lens Pouch for Leica, Micro Four Thirds, Fuji X-Pro 1, Sony NEX, Pentax Q, Nikon 1 Lenses - Small, Medium: Electronics
I tried these and the medium is just huge - big enough for a FA77 and maybe an FA31. Of course the Q lenses fit in it, but the case adds a lot of bulk since it's neoprene which is pretty thick. I have the extra small version on order now, so I'll report how that works out.

extra small neoprene pouch on Amazon
06-15-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I use the lens bags listed below, hang from my belt with a carabiner. Some are large for adapted lenses some are small for Q lenses

Hans

Amazon.com: HDE
06-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just bought a small camera bag that's just big enough for 2 Q cameras and a third space that would fit two lenses. To protect the lenses from each other, a friend suggested putting the lenses in socks, like baby socks. I'm going to try that as a solution.
06-16-2013, 09:31 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mtngal Quote
a friend suggested putting the lenses in socks, like baby socks. I'm going to try that as a solution.
Bad scenario: Lint passes from sock to lens to sensor?

Maybe better with a microfiber cloth.
06-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #13
Forum Member

Re Lenscases

QuoteOriginally posted by DaveInPA Quote
I was looking for the same thing but couldn't find anything online that I was certain would work. One idea I stumbled upon was possibly using a microphone case. But I think I would have to stop at a music store with some lenses to test the fit.
What is wrong with that nice Leathercase Pentax just announced with the Q7.
Check it out on the Website.

Regards
Ted
06-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Bad scenario: Lint passes from sock to lens to sensor?

Maybe better with a microfiber cloth.
I've used infant socks with no problem. The socks I've used don't shed lint, and the rear cap in any case would prevent lint from getting on any lens surface that would go inside the camera. This is not the most elegant solution, but it works fine to protect the lenses from knocking into each other in the bag. . . and they're very inexpensive -- 3 pair for about $3.

Scott
06-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Ted,

I saw that when the Q7 was announced. I can't wait to see more details on it. Hopefully it will be offered in the U.S.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by Teddy 738 Quote
What is wrong with that nice Leathercase Pentax just announced with the Q7.
Check it out on the Website.

Regards
Ted