Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-24-2013, 12:35 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax Q Macro

Hello guys,
I wanted to share with you some of the macro shots I took with my Q. I just bought the Pentax k-Q adapter, and first tests were done with the DA* 60-250, but I must say I am not that happy with the results. All in all, I can get very comparable results (if not better) with the same lens attached to my K-5, then cropping to 1/5.5 and rescaling.

Then I went out with the Limited 35 mm Macro to look into the microcosmos in the backyard, and I am attaching here some results. This time I think it is a different story: colors are more pleasant and the definition higher. It's a matter of lens of course. And shooting with such a big magnification and still a reasonably compact setup is real fun. But not that easy: focusing and trying to avoid shake (yes: I go handheld) is a real challenge. You better be sure to have plenty of light.

Cheers, and have fun!

Attached Images

05-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Really cool shots! Is that with the official adapter? It's hard to handhold macro with a third party one.
05-24-2013, 04:51 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thank you VisualDarkness!
Yes, that's the official Pentax adapter with embedded leaf shutter. And yes, it is really hard to get a steady shot. I have pretty steady hands (can rather reliably get down to 1/10s with the k-5) but nonetheless I got about 1/4 still and on-focus shots. That's actually part of the fun: it is like playing a sniper videogame...
05-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Paolo.Bosetti Quote
That's actually part of the fun: it is like playing a sniper videogame...
Ha ha YES thats it