Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 385
51 dollar

This must be my lucky day. I got the K-watch today ( https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/222284-ricoh-pentax-re...ml#post2403893 ) and after reading the user manual for an hour, I decided to drive to a new photo store which was opening today. They had a lot of nice "first-day" deals and I got a Q with the 01 lens for $51. So now I have two of them :-)

05-31-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
Whaaaaaaaaaat?? 51 USD?? Not fair!!
05-31-2013, 11:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 385
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JinDesu Quote
Whaaaaaaaaaat?? 51 USD?? Not fair!!
Well, I have to admit that I also bought the 02 zoom for 34 dollar
05-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #4
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,626
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Well, I have to admit that I also bought the 02 zoom for 34 dollar
Tell that store to come to New York and open a location!

05-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member
Docrwm's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 11,275
Congratulations. Guess items are cheaper in Europe
05-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Pentaxian
carrrlangas's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Joensuu (Finland)
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,752
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
They had a lot of nice "first-day" deals and I got a Q with the 01 lens for $51
Could you buy one for me and have it shpped? I´ll wire the money!
05-31-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,551
Wow, great deals ... almost worth a drive up to Norway ... J
05-31-2013, 12:08 PM   #8
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 8,703
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
This must be my lucky day. I got the K-watch today ( https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/222284-ricoh-pentax-re...ml#post2403893 ) and after reading the user manual for an hour, I decided to drive to a new photo store which was opening today. They had a lot of nice "first-day" deals and I got a Q with the 01 lens for $51. So now I have two of them :-)
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Well, I have to admit that I also bought the 02 zoom for 34 dollar
Are you in the same Norway I'm in?! "Cheap" around here is usually US prices + 60%.

No point in asking where this shop is. I'm sure this was an opening day special. Either that, or it is 1500 km away. Just my luck...

Good catch, though! Congrats!

05-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 385
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Are you in the same Norway I'm in?! "Cheap" around here is usually US prices + 60%.

No point in asking where this shop is. I'm sure this was an opening day special. Either that, or it is 1500 km away. Just my luck...

Good catch, though! Congrats!
It is japanphoto in Stavanger today and tomorrow. There is no more Q cameras, but a few K-7 for very good prices.
05-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #10
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
No more Qs but they have the MX-1 for $658 USD compared the $446.95 at B&H.
screen capture
Google Translate
XE: (NOK/USD) Norwegian Krone to US Dollar Rate
Pentax MX-1 Digital Camera (Black) 12622 B&H Photo Video
05-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Veteran Member
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,441
Oh, I've wanted to travel to Stavanger for a long time. Too bad I didn't know about this.
05-31-2013, 01:05 PM   #12
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 8,703
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
It is japanphoto in Stavanger today and tomorrow. There is no more Q cameras, but a few K-7 for very good prices.
A 1100 km round trip from Oslo wouldn't have been worth it anyway. And just as well - it's not as if I need more gear... Or at least not a new system
05-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #13
Veteran Member




Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Norway
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 385
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Norway and most countries in Europe have five years warranty included in all prices.
05-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #14
Veteran Member
VisualDarkness's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,441
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Norway and most countries in Europe have five years warranty included in all prices.
Five year?
05-31-2013, 02:15 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,551
QuoteOriginally posted by StigVidar Quote
Norway and most countries in Europe have five years warranty included in all prices.
Two years in France due to EU requirements ... J
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Macro 15 dollar lens bluestringer Post Your Photos! 2 04-11-2013 08:29 AM
The Yen has fallen 15% against the dollar in the last two months. Winder General Talk 27 02-14-2013 04:52 PM
Trillion dollar coin jeffkrol General Talk 26 12-10-2012 12:00 PM
1000 Dollar Question magmotif Troubleshooting and Beginner Help 12 07-02-2012 10:01 PM
Landscape Over the Last Dollar Road Kammerer Post Your Photos! 10 09-13-2011 01:13 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:56 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top