Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Software to un-fisheye the fisheye?

Is there software that can take images from the fisheye lens and convert them to a normal image? Just curious, I'm going to be buying the fisheye soon.

Charles.

06-08-2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can basically use anything that corrects distortion, such as photoshop or light room. However, the resulting image will lose a lot of resolution and u dint think it would look very good.q

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #3

I know of a piece of hardware that will work. Before you take the photo, you basically remove the fish eye lens and attach this other piece of hardware. With it you can take photos without the fish eye distortion and without he need to correct it with software later. I hope you find this tutorial useful.
06-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Charles,

Here is a blog on defishing based on a 4:3 sensor. I don't think that sensor size makes a bit of difference, however if you are going to defish, I think that you really need to understand what the result will look like and how it will need to be cropped in order to be useable. Also look around at the edges and corners in terms of the distortion vs. the original fished copy.

06-08-2013, 11:09 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bluefoam Quote
I hope you find this tutorial useful
I found this to be really helpful.

I hope th OP thinks the same.
06-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChopperCharles Quote
Is there software that can take images from the fisheye lens and convert them to a normal image? Just curious, I'm going to be buying the fisheye soon.

Charles.
Charles here are a few I took with my 2.5 mm cctv lens (wider then the Q FI 3.2 mm) and distortion corrected in PS Elements, hope it answers your question see link.

Hans

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/172196-lets-share-shots-q-113.html#post2288335