Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #1
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Exeter, Devon
Posts: 136
Just spotted - UK eBay Q body for 69 pounds

PENTAX Q BODY - BLACK - NEW - 2 YEARS WARRANTY - UK DEALER | eBay



They say they have 8 available

06-11-2013, 07:47 AM   #2
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Exeter, Devon
Posts: 136
Original Poster
or in white, 7 available:

PENTAX Q BODY - WHITE - NEW - 2 YEARS WARRANTY - UK DEALER | eBay
06-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
Looks like they are splitting up some 01 and 02 kits.
pentax Q from srsmicrosystems | eBay
06-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #4
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4
I got a white one from there. Very pleased with it. I use it with an adapter and some of my old manual K-mount lenses. Tricky but I'm slowly getting the hang of it 👍

06-14-2013, 03:44 AM   #5
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PENTAX-Q-BODY-WHITE-EX-DEMO-GRADE-A-2-YEARS-WARRAN...item2c6fd9b477

Demo unit White 59 sterling pounds.
06-14-2013, 04:55 AM   #6
Junior Member
Jaje67's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Aberdeenshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 33
I have one of the white ones on the way. 59, it would have been rude not too...
I have been looking for a third party adapter on amazon UK but and can only find a Polaroid version for sale. The Fotodiox version is listed but is currently unavailable.
There are some Fotodiox listed on Ebay but they may take up to 22 days to deliver!! Does anyone know of other UK websites that sell the Fotodiox or other decent K to Q adapters?
I am ideally looking for aperture control and a tripod mount. I plan to use my 50mm Auto Chinon f1.7 & DA L 35 f2.4
Sadly the Pentax version is too expensive for me just now.
Cheers
06-14-2013, 05:30 AM   #7
Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Singapore
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
How about the RJ version from Hong Kong? No aperture control though.

Last edited by felixkh; 06-14-2013 at 05:44 AM.
06-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #8
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Looks like they are splitting up some 01 and 02 kits.
pentax Q from srsmicrosystems | eBay
You are correct Larry my white body from the UK was a 02 kit with 02 missing but for $137 US including shipping it's not bad. Now I have both black & white, sounds like an old 3 dog night song.

Hans

06-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #9
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaje67 Quote
I am ideally looking for aperture control and a tripod mount. I plan to use my 50mm Auto Chinon f1.7 & DA L 35 f2.4
Sadly the Pentax version is too expensive for me just now.
Cheers
I don't know what the shipping charges would be to the UK but I just listed some adapters in the market place if anyone is interested, having the OEM adapter I no longer need them

Hans

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/photographic-equipment-sale/227950-sale-p...-adapters.html
06-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
Junior Member
Jaje67's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Aberdeenshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 33
QuoteOriginally posted by hnikesch Quote
I don't know what the shipping charges would be to the UK but I just listed some adapters in the market place if anyone is interested, having the OEM adapter I no longer need them
I am guessing I need the aoperture control for use wit DA lenses?

QuoteOriginally posted by felixkh Quote
How about the RJ version from Hong Kong? No aperture control though
I assume it would be the same price as one available here / mainland europe.

Thanks for your replies and offer. I will hold out for one of the fotodiox adapters coming up on a UK site.

Cheers
06-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #11
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaje67 Quote
I am guessing I need the aoperture control for use wit DA lenses?

Cheers
Yes you would need aperture control

Hans
06-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
Veteran Member
ChrisJ's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Eckington, Derbyshire UK
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 316
For the newer DA lenses without an aperture ring you need the aperture control, but for FA lenses and the older Manual (Pentax M) and Automatic (Pentax A) lenses that have an aperture ring on the lens you don't.

Chris
06-17-2013, 05:13 PM   #13
New Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 5
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaje67 Quote
I have one of the white ones on the way. 59, it would have been rude not too...
I have been looking for a third party adapter on amazon UK but and can only find a Polaroid version for sale. The Fotodiox version is listed but is currently unavailable.
There are some Fotodiox listed on Ebay but they may take up to 22 days to deliver!! Does anyone know of other UK websites that sell the Fotodiox or other decent K to Q adapters?
I am ideally looking for aperture control and a tripod mount. I plan to use my 50mm Auto Chinon f1.7 & DA L 35 f2.4
Sadly the Pentax version is too expensive for me just now.
Cheers
Did you get yours? How was the condition?
06-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #14
Junior Member
Jaje67's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Aberdeenshire
Photos: Albums
Posts: 33
Got it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Outsiderr Quote
Did you get yours? How was the condition?
I received it a couple of day's after ordering. It basically looks brand new as if it had not been handled at all. It is a 01 kit minus the lens.

I don't have a lens to use with it just now but I had it turned on and the menu's are pleasingly familliar and there are some nice features I am looking forward to using.

If you have not seen or used the Q before you will be amazed at how small and robust it is. I think I would be dissapointed with the new plastic body on the Q10 / (Q7?)

I have ordered the RJ PK PK-A DA AF adapter from ebay for around 30. It has aperture control and a tripod mount - RJ Pentax PK PK A AF Da Lens to Pentax Q Adapter with Tripod Mount Aperture Ring | eBay but I am unsure about infinity focus

I will be using a Chinon 50 f1.7, Pendat DA-L 35 f2.4 and Beroflex 500 f8 on it and will post samples here https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/209474-adapted-lenses-tested-q-r...ce-thread.html

Cheers
06-18-2013, 08:07 AM   #15
Veteran Member
crewl1's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,795
QuoteOriginally posted by Jaje67 Quote
but I am unsure about infinity focus
Infinity focus will work. (Getting the focus right with my unsteady hands, now that is another story.)
Congrats, look forward to your photos.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
body, camera, ebay, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7, uk
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Q white Body brand new CHEAP on ebay Grimmy Pentax Q 6 06-07-2013 07:56 AM
Suggestions for a body just for manual lenses usayit Pentax DSLR Discussion 35 04-01-2013 10:14 PM
Just bought a Pentax Q body on the cheap maccascfc Pentax Q 12 03-12-2013 04:24 AM
Just bought this lens for the Q. GibbyTheMole Pentax Q 4 01-17-2013 11:22 AM
K-01 Just spotted on Japanese TV EbisuHapa Pentax K-01 43 03-21-2012 11:07 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:19 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top