Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2013, 06:17 AM   #31
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Japanese Commercial

The Q7 went on sale today. They've also started showing the linked commercial on TV this evening.

CM??????Q??PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

I like the card theme. It refers to the origin of the K-mount/Q-mount naming. The campaign follows on from the Q10 one last year.

CM??????Q10?PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

07-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Q7 body materials

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Plastic
Then this a downgrade from the Q, eh?
07-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I like the card theme. It refers to the origin of the K-mount/Q-mount naming. The campaign follows on from the Q10 one last year.
Who let this guy in?
Attached Images

07-09-2013, 08:49 PM   #34
Pentaxian

looks like a Canon lens to me.

btw, i do hope the flash issues with the Q have been fixed in the Q7... or at least in future firmware updates

09-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #35
Site Supporter

Just got my Q-7 yesterday from Japan, and i am very pleased with it's potential.
All Q lenses give excellent results ; and there seems to be quite an improvement on global reactivity versus the original Q (but not as far as autofocus speed is concerned - thanks to the Q's 1.12 FW) , as well as quite a few ergonomy positive points.
I confirm that the plastic body makes the body lighter, but subject to degradations...

My first shots here :
http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=10321525@N07&q=Q-7

But and there is a BUT : there is no manual focus "loupe assist" (normally ready on the "OK" button) when you decide not going/using an AF lens... which is very annoying !
Definitely something to fix in the next firmware...

Last edited by Zygonyx; 09-08-2013 at 10:12 AM.
09-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote

But and there is a BUT : there is no manual focus "loupe assist" (normally ready on the "OK" button) when you decide not going/using an AF lens... which is very annoying !
Definitely something to fix in the next firmware...
Wow I can't believe they forgot this detail. Can you confirm the menu option perhaps is not turned on?
09-08-2013, 05:38 PM - 1 Like   #37
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Wow I can't believe they forgot this detail. Can you confirm the menu option perhaps is not turned on?
Pg 36 and 37 of the User Guide describe the magnified AF functions. Apparently in MF Mode, with the Menu option enabled, you use the Control Dial to magnify, the 4-Way controller arrows to move the magnified image on the LCD and OK to return to normal view. Versus Q I think that is a slight change in protocol.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-09-2013 at 06:40 AM.
09-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pg 36 and 37 of the User Guide describe the magnified AF functions. Apparently in MF Mode, with the Menu option enabled, you use the Control Dial to magnify, the 4-Way controller arrows to move the magnified iamge on the LCD and OK to return to normal view. Versus Q I think that is a slight change in protocol.
Phew! Thanks for clearing that up.

09-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #39
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Zygonyx, do you have the fisheye? If so how much wider is it vs the Q after camera crops image?

Good save monochrome. Can't imagine using the Q on adapted teles ( or FE) without magnified manual focus.
thanks
barondla
09-09-2013, 07:00 AM   #40
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Is it safe to assume that focus peaking is also available too?
09-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #41
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Pg 36 and 37 of the User Guide describe the magnified AF functions. Apparently in MF Mode, with the Menu option enabled, you use the Control Dial to magnify, the 4-Way controller arrows to move the magnified image on the LCD and OK to return to normal view. Versus Q I think that is a slight change in protocol.
Well, thank you, my manual is in ...japanese
What do you call "control dial" if different from the scroll and the front dial (which by the way don't operate this way) ?

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Zygonyx, do you have the fisheye? If so how much wider is it vs the Q after camera crops image?

Good save monochrome. Can't imagine using the Q on adapted teles ( or FE) without magnified manual focus.
thanks
barondla
Yes, but actually i haven't compared the framings yet
To come soon.

And yes the focus peaking as well as lens focal metering do exist.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 09-09-2013 at 12:12 PM.
09-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #42
Lens Buying Addict

What do you call "control dial" if different from the scroll
I opened the pdf crewl1 provided and found the pages. I think the little icon in the inx was of the scroll wheel. I hate Pentax manuals - impenetrable.
09-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #43
Site Supporter

Huh, my fault, maybe the english instructions i didn't notice but indeed within the AF options in the AF/MF settings, there is the "MF autozoom" option, with x2 x4 and x6 ratios (which is actually one more than with the Q).
And as with the Q, the autozoom activates as soon as you "focus by the wire" with STD lenses.
09-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #44
Lens Buying Addict

Huh, my fault, maybe the english instructions i didn't notice but indeed within the AF options in the AF/MF settings, there is the "MF autozoom" option, with x2 x4 and x6 ratios (which is actually one more than with the Q).
And as with the Q, the autozoom activates as soon as you "focus by the wire" with STD lenses.
Glad for you you have a Q7 - one is on my list!!

So American of me to assume everyone has an English manual and English is everyone's language, non'
09-09-2013, 01:54 PM   #45
Site Supporter

Should be, yes... as i couldn't resist I bought the Q7 in japan, btw book is in japanese, and menus are either in japanese or in english.
So I will have to wait for a new FW i.o. to find my mother tongue' familiar menus.