Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax Q7 Announced

The Pentax Q7 is the latest member of the Q family, featuring a larger 1/1.7" sensor and the same body as the Q10.

An overview and the full specifications are found on our homepage:
Pentax Q7 Officially Announced - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com

Now available for pre-order

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What is the body made of?
06-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
What is the body made of?
Plastic

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Thanks for the immediate posting on these releases!

This will make the current Q mount lenses effectively wider. All numbers are based on Q/Q10 = 5.64 and Q7 = 4.55 and rounded for ease of reading.

Attached Images

Last edited by Docrwm; 06-12-2013 at 03:39 PM.
06-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Wish it was metal... but I may order one I think. thr single lens kit price can't be real can it?
06-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmm, to preorder a silver or wait...

Or custom order one with a brown scheme...

#firstworldproblems

Oh, and does the SR symbol's color change or is it always gold? Who wouldn't order the 02 lens for just $20 more?

Edit: B&H is on top of things and has every color available on their site, but you can only preorder the 3 basic colors. Now which one do I get...

Last edited by ryan s; 06-12-2013 at 04:52 PM.
06-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I think I'll hold off for a price break and the first good FW. :-) All the same it is tempting isn't it?

The equivalent of 23-68mm with an 02 would be great fun.

06-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Multi-coated Quote
The equivalent of 23-68mm with an 02 would be great fun.
Indeed. I was secretly hoping they'd release a version II of this lens with a constant f2.8 aperture since it would seem the 06 zoom proves it wouldn't be too difficult to do. Maybe in the future.

There will always be those who write off anything with a sensor under a certain size, but I really think if Pentax could put out two or so more primes that are at the level of the 01 lens, this system could definitely attract some interest. I think many would like to see a really good wide-angle prime and maybe a "fast" portrait range prime.
06-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sunny16 Quote
Indeed. I was secretly hoping they'd release a version II of this lens with a constant f2.8 aperture since it would seem the 06 zoom proves it wouldn't be too difficult to do. Maybe in the future.

There will always be those who write off anything with a sensor under a certain size, but I really think if Pentax could put out two or so more primes that are at the level of the 01 lens, this system could definitely attract some interest. I think many would like to see a really good wide-angle prime and maybe a "fast" portrait range prime.
I agree with you about the need for a Wide Angle and a Portrait Prime. Although the 06 does a nice job at 85 equivalent and f2.8 IMHO.
06-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #10

I was rather hoping the pixel pitch would remain the same, but with a bigger sensor, but if it's 12mp, then all that means is that the sensor resolution has decreased. That said, it does make the huge number of 25mm C mounts a little more appealing.
06-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I think most of us expected 16mp

I personally can't wait to get my hands on one. Sure it's not metal...but a larger sensor and better af...not to mention 100 instead of 160 iso... heeeeeccccckkkk yea!!
06-12-2013, 07:06 PM   #12

Anyone know why there is not a Q1 lens kit ?
( even in Japan it seems but at least they show pictures of the body and lens which are not shown on English sites )

The Q1 lens is not even listed at B&H

They did this with the Q10 - what's going on ?
06-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #13
Forum Member

I love the cool (ice) sensation in my hand when a take my original Q of magnisium alloy. I know, magnisium alloy without wheather sealing is more size and cost "for nothing"... but I like it!
06-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #14

So, looks like it's available - body only, with the 02 zoom in a kit, or with the 02 and 06 zooms together in the kit (or with all 7 lenses in a superkit). And in lots of colours: PENTAX Q7 ???????????PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
06-13-2013, 12:56 AM   #15

"Electronic Level function is available for testing slope (horizontal) / top and bottom of the (tilt) of the left and right camera"

"Equipped with Wi-Fi built-in memory card "Eye-Fi" linkage function newly" ? Don't know if that's a poor auto-translation, but that sounds like built-in wi-fi?

Also apparently better glare-reduction on the LCD screen.

And the 01 Prime lens now available in 19 colours??

Reading about the new ranges, it almost feels to me like they are treating this as the proper 'grown-up' launch of the Q range, where the earlier versions with the smaller sensors were almost like a test-run. Anyway, I'm seriously considering updating my Q10 to a Q7 (maybe when the first set of price-drops from the new price happen) - if this is the same sensor that's in the MX-1, from what I've seen it's a good upgrade from the Q10's sensor.