Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I really like that Pentax is clearly committed to the Q. The boxed set for the Q7 is a Brilliant idea, what a nice Christmas present for a photo enthusiast. I have confidence that support for the Q system will continue. Think about it. They've come out with the following in the last year for the Q:
  1. 2 new bodies, one with a new improved sensor
  2. K-Q converter with leaf-shutter
  3. 06 70-200/2.8 equivalent lens
  4. 07 Body Cap lens
  5. various bags and gadgets
All for a system that was dismissed by many but is finding a large following among those who see its macro and zoom abilities are relatively unique and useful. Not to mention the young women in Japan that seem to love the little camera.

I think that more good things are on the way for the Q system. I hope that we get a couple more primes of the same quality as the 01, which is outstanding IMHO, but I look forward to some surprises too
Good for the young women of Japan! I think they also loved this
1990 Nissan Figaro Concept Vehicle - a photo on Flickriver

06-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jva59 Quote
Good for the young women of Japan! I think they also loved this
1990 Nissan Figaro Concept Vehicle - a photo on Flickriver
A low blow! It was a concept vehicle, though other slightly odd-looking Japanese cars have sold to that demographic. On the other hand, there's nothing odd-looking about the Q series, unless colour is a factor, and then only some colours and combinations, surely.
06-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I am also very happy that Pentax has shown a commitment to this wonderful little camera. I realize it took a while to catch on, but so did the Leica back when it was introduced in the mid-1920s. Look what that turned into. I really believe that with some sensible upgrades this little camera could be a real market buster for Pentax. Like Leica in the late 20s and early 30s, the only thing this camera seems to be missing is a useable viewfinder, optical or electronic. I went out and picked up an older adjustable viewfinder that fits into the hot shoe and adjusts from 28mm to 135mm. It works but it is a bit heavy. It would really be nice to have a new electronic version that links to the display screen. Ah well, dream for awhile, perhaps Pentax will make my dreams come true for Christmas.
06-13-2013, 06:44 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
RE: Card Cover in earlier posts: Q7 reportedly has a rear IR receiver as well as the front receiver..

06-13-2013, 07:45 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
A low blow! It was a concept vehicle, though other slightly odd-looking Japanese cars have sold to that demographic. On the other hand, there's nothing odd-looking about the Q series, unless colour is a factor, and then only some colours and combinations, surely.
In all sincerity, I meant this as a tribute to the superb taste of the demographic! It never occurred to me that anyone could fail to love the Nissan Figaro.