Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #1

Q Recommended Settings

I purchased a never used, Q 02 Zoom Kit on ebay this week. Has the forum published recommended settings for the Q as it has done for the K-5 and K-30?

06-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
We don't have a recommended settings page for the Q, but as far as my personal recommendations go, make sure the ISO is always set to the lowest setting, and shoot RAW for the best image quality.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-16-2013, 01:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Since watching some Jeff Cable seminars on B&H's YouTube channel recently, I've been using the Q in Av mode with a great deal of success.
Although I still prefer 'M'anual, Av is much quicker in settings where there's less time to fiddle.
I have the ISO range set to 800 max. And yes - keep to RAW, it's no use letting the lens suck in all those photons only to let the camera thrown most of them away.
06-16-2013, 06:22 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thank and an additional question.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've reduced the auto ISO range and started shooting in RAW+.

One other question, has anyone come across a belt clip that will hold the Q securely?

06-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nzbk10 Quote
has anyone come across a belt clip that will hold the Q securely?
Not exactly a belt clip,
but I use a little Lowepro P&S waistpack
(wraps round a belt with Velcro)
for the classic Q and 01 prime.

However, it's too small to accept the 02,
or even a hood on the 01.
06-16-2013, 09:02 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by nzbk10 Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. I've reduced the auto ISO range and started shooting in RAW+.

One other question, has anyone come across a belt clip that will hold the Q securely?
I found a slightly larger Lowepro pouch that has the belt loop/Velcro attachment that will fit the Q and the 02 lens. It isn't big enough for the camera and 06 lens. It only has a place for an SD card, which I managed to get a spare battery in. Most of the other pouches I found were either too small or too big, and without extra pockets.