Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-25-2013, 12:30 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Carrying spare memo cards on Q strap- micro SD?

I use the original Pentax film camera straps on my DSLRs (and K-01). These straps have little leather pockets with snaps that allow carrying the super small Pentax wireless remote in one side and a couple of SD cards in the other side. Find these straps very handy and buy them when they pop up. Pentax should sell these again.

Using the small neck strap from the Pentax Q eveready case, I wish there was a way to carry extra memory cards. Figured out a way to do it. Place a Micro SD to SD adapter in the Q and carry the extra Micro SD cards on the strap. Wouldn't be hard to attach a couple of micro pockets to the strap.

Has anyone used the Q with Micro SD cards? Any glitches? Not sure how fast these cards are and if that will affect the speed of the Q. Have an adapter and card some where, think I will give it a test.
having fun wih the Q!
thanks
barondla

Check out compact camera contest #66 in compact camer forum and enter #67. The Q is welcome!

06-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yes, nothing but problems. I stick with regular SD.cards and have no problems.
06-25-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Yes, nothing but problems. I stick with regular SD.cards and have no problems.
+1, I tried uSD cards with an adaptor too, they worked intermittent at best. I can really not recommend enough /against/ using microSD cards in the Q.

Never had a problem with any regular SD card, though.
06-26-2013, 02:36 AM   #4
Forum Member

I have been using a 16 gb micro SD class 10 with an adapter on the Q for 2 months now, did not face any problem so far
though sometimes on the k01 while using a 32 gb micro SD class 10 the card fails to write the picture so I have to open and close the card door for it to work again.

06-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've tried three quality brand micro SD cards in a K-x over the past few months. None were reliable. About one in five photos would be written as 0Kb files, ie empty. Card full errors would also crop up from time to time. Gave up and bought an Eyefi card, as the reason I was trying micro SD cards was to allow transfer to a tablet with a micro SD slot only. Just taken the Eyefi card around the world and worked perfectly. Images transferred to my phone or tablet no problems.