Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
A wheel, like one we have on the Q, placed at the front of the camera, to assign different functions to it, including, say, 5 different filters for BW photography. Yellow, Orange, Red, Green, Blue filters, for example.
Because the sensor is colour insensitive, an extra small 1/2.3" sensor placed above the mount (something like the IR port, but with clear optical glass), facing forward, registers colour (apart from being able to take snaps like an iPhone too) and sends info to the camera how to behave in colour filters mode.
Beats Leica Monochrom by a mile!
Sorry, won't work. The point of the colour filters is to change how light different colours are, it can't be acheived after the picture is already BW. What you descibe sounds more like a WB help (like on Nikon D2X). Unless you meant it takes two pictures and then tries to align them and determine colour from the less good picture. Which is of course going to get you artifacts at colour edges.

Or possibly you meant I should use the Q as is, which I already do. But a BW version would have higher sensitivity. (And higher resolution, but I don't really care about that.)

07-05-2013, 02:39 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by anthony mazzeri Quote
The latest rumours are the new K-mount full frame may come in a monochrome version like Leica,
Wait what? Are there new FF rumours? Where's the thread? And secondly: Why jump to a Monochrome FF whilst there isn't even a normal FF to begin with?

QuoteOriginally posted by anthony mazzeri Quote
so how's about a monochrome version of the new Q7?
I would buy it in a heartbeat. Not a FF monochrome though. To much money to spend on something so quirky.

With all those camera variations Pentax has done of one and the same Sony 16mp sensor, I would have figured they would have released a monochrome K-5 by now. That would be a dedicated 48mp monochrome camera. If it showed a monochrome image in the VF it would even be cooler and something none of the competition offers.

About retro styling: No, not needed. Colour has been around for how long? And monochrome is still very popular. I don't think it will ever go out of style, so it has nothing to do with the past.
07-05-2013, 04:03 AM   #18
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
Sorry, won't work. The point of the colour filters is to change how light different colours are, it can't be acheived after the picture is already BW. What you descibe sounds more like a WB help (like on Nikon D2X). Unless you meant it takes two pictures and then tries to align them and determine colour from the less good picture. Which is of course going to get you artifacts at colour edges)
Yes, I thought that. However, it is obviously more difficult.
Another option is to have in-built a few colour filters, like we already have such a feature with an ND filter in Q and in new GR, and activate them accordingly.
I don't know how complex would that be, but just two, say yellow and red, would be a great start.

Ps. I'm talking not about Q, but about fixed lens GR style camera with a bigger size sensor.
07-05-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Well they could add a red geen and Blue filter, take 3 photos of each color and then combine them. First color photo was shot that way and astro photography also do it with different filters