Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #1
Forum Member

Pentax Q quick dial

I am deciding on buying a little camera lately...

I have a question: Is one restricted to a category of parameters to change on the quick dial on the front of the Q? Can I layer, say, aspect ratio plus specific filters? I know you wasn´t able to at the release, but I wonder if they implemented it until now in a firmware update. At least it would be one of the first things I would adress first...

07-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Diggoar Quote
I am deciding on buying a little camera lately...

I have a question: Is one restricted to a category of parameters to change on the quick dial on the front of the Q? Can I layer, say, aspect ratio plus specific filters? I know you wasn´t able to at the release, but I wonder if they implemented it until now in a firmware update. At least it would be one of the first things I would adress first...
In a sense you can do what you're asking. One of the options in the quick menu assignment is USER 1, USER 2, USER 3, SMART EFFECT. Meaning, for the first three spots you can create a user setting (I have #1 set to 1:1 and Black and White.) So in creating those user settings you can layer certain effects, filters, & aspect ratios. You can also choose to set the RAW, RAW+, & JPEG (of course, only JPEG will hold the effects and aspect ratio but it's still an option.) It's fun to play around with, in my opinion. I also agree with others that it is still a bit of a missed opportunity assuming that it wouldn't be much more work than some programming to add more features/allow more options. But, if the whole point of the Q is to have a little fun without being overly worried about pixel peeping the end result, I still think it's fun.