Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2013, 04:07 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Help needed to price a "like new" Pentax Q kit with two lenses and more !

Folks,

Can someone offer some suggestion(s) for pricing for the MarketPlace ?
Please .. no purchase requests here though.

I have been looking in the MarketPlace ads for the selling price of a Pentax Q kit, with the 01 and 02 lenses.
Since the Q10 and the Q7 have now been around, the original Q is not easy to figure out.

I couldn't place a "for sale" ad because I have no clue as to a fair price, nor did I get info from B&H Photo because it shows "No longer available", with no pricing.

So, taking into consideration that this kit (the camera) has an actual 86 actuations (yes, 86) and that the 02 lens was on only for testing once and for the firmware update, I would consider as "like-new".

I also have the adapter (genuine Pentax) Q for K mount.
Used only a couple of times for testing, then back in the box.

Everything would be listed at once, and items include original packaging, manuals, etc ...

Thanks!

JP

Last edited by jpzk; 07-16-2013 at 04:28 PM.
07-16-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Don't you realize that you can check in to the Hotel Q, but you can never leave..........
07-16-2013, 04:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Don't you realize that you can check in to the Hotel Q, but you can never leave..........
I just had the suspicion that you would show up to this thread!!

Sorry, Docrwm ... with all of the help you provided to me in order to get going with the Q, I think I should at least have the decency to thank you again.
Alas, I am not doing very well with this nice camera (I didn't spend much time and effort, to be frank).

I have a feeling that I might regret selling it but for now, it is part of a selling spree to fund the purchase of a prime-500mm ! Ouch!

Then I also have to send my beloved DA*16-50 for a SDM problem ... that will hurt the budget too!

Cheers!

JP
07-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Anything that has been delivered to a buyer would be considered used and I do not expect it could command the price of a new item.
Q kits with either of the two lenses are going for low prices these days so to maximize your possible proceeds I would consider splitting everything up and posting separately.
Check the price watch thread for recent new Q deals to get an idea.
The adapter is less common on the used market so I expect you wuld not need to discount it much to sell it, but again it would be considered used regardless of condition.
Sorry the Q did not work out for you.

07-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
I just had the suspicion that you would show up to this thread!!

Sorry, Docrwm ... with all of the help you provided to me in order to get going with the Q, I think I should at least have the decency to thank you again.
Alas, I am not doing very well with this nice camera (I didn't spend much time and effort, to be frank).

I have a feeling that I might regret selling it but for now, it is part of a selling spree to fund the purchase of a prime-500mm ! Ouch!

Then I also have to send my beloved DA*16-50 for a SDM problem ... that will hurt the budget too!

Cheers!

JP
You had doubts, silly you

Sorry that its not for you. The 01 is the gem in your kit, they are still hard to get - about $150-250 for it depending on seller and condition. The 02 is becomming a throw-away lens IMHO, $20 extra for it with a Q7 body. The original Q body is going for $125ish with the accessories that came with it.
07-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Try this
q - Search Results - PentaxForums.com
07-16-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
Anything that has been delivered to a buyer would be considered used and I do not expect it could command the price of a new item.
Q kits with either of the two lenses are going for low prices these days so to maximize your possible proceeds I would consider splitting everything up and posting separately.
Check the price watch thread for recent new Q deals to get an idea.
The adapter is less common on the used market so I expect you wuld not need to discount it much to sell it, but again it would be considered used regardless of condition.
Sorry the Q did not work out for you.
Of course, once it is out of the box and tried a few times, it is considered used.
I am not expecting to get what I paid for the kit (although I did pay a very "good" price for it) so it will have to go for a fair value.
As for splitting the items contained in one box (the "kit"), don't you think it would be more appealing for those interested to get everything all at once, in great shape and in the original packaging?

I did check for prices on the Q ... it varies a lot and the MarketPlace is not of much help.

The adapter: yes, it is the Pentax brand and I would assume that it should bring a fair price.

Thanks for the suggestions.

JP
07-16-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Original Poster
You had doubts, silly you

Sorry that its not for you. The 01 is the gem in your kit, they are still hard to get - about $150-250 for it depending on seller and condition. The 02 is becomming a throw-away lens IMHO, $20 extra for it with a Q7 body. The original Q body is going for $125ish with the accessories that came with it.
That's quite close to what I had in mind, actually.

Thanks for the info.

JP

07-16-2013, 05:46 PM   #9
Veteran Member

That's quite close to what I had in mind, actually.

Thanks for the info.

JP
Anything to help. The K-Q Adapter is going to fetch a good bit as Larry said. Sorry to see you selling but that 500 must be calling to you.
07-16-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Very informative this link.
Thanks for that !!

I've checked it out and I figured that this will likely make my decision a lot easier.

Stay tuned for a Q Kit and adapter at the MarketPlace very soon.

JP
07-16-2013, 07:29 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Very informative this link. Thanks for that !! I've checked it out and I figured that this will likely make my decision a lot easier.
Funny, the link no longer works so glad you caught it in time.
07-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Funny, the link no longer works so glad you caught it in time.
I just checked this link again a few minutes ago and you're right: not working anymore.

JP
07-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #13
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Anything to help. The K-Q Adapter is going to fetch a good bit as Larry said. Sorry to see you selling but that 500 must be calling to you.
Yeah ... that "elusively expensive" lens is indeed calling.

Just met a friend out on the trail and he uses a Sigma 500/4.5 on his Canon .... big ! but quite hand holdable surprisingly.

JP
07-17-2013, 10:43 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Yeah ... that "elusively expensive" lens is indeed calling.

Just met a friend out on the trail and he uses a Sigma 500/4.5 on his Canon .... big ! but quite hand holdable surprisingly.

JP
No substitute for a extreme prime telephoto when you need one. The IQ difference between a 500 on an APS-C and a 500 equivalent on the Q sensor will be significant.
07-17-2013, 12:59 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Of course, once it is out of the box and tried a few times, it is considered used.
Now it is. Back in the camera store days it was still considered new. Back in the early computer days, it was considered new and value added since it was "burned in".