Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by garythesnail Quote
But I'm not quite sure how to go about the actual 'updating' yet -
Should have tacked this onto my other post. It's pretty easy - make sure you have full battery, though.

1 - at the root level of your card, put the extracted firmware
2 - in the menu, configuration 3, Firmware Version Info
3 - You should be able to select the firmware you want to update, camera or lens (depending on which one you put onto the card) and it should do it!

07-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lampo Quote
Just use the same procedure as you would use for the firmware of the Q itself: take an empty formatted SD card, copy the new firmware on the card and insert the card in the Q with fully charged battery and the 01 or 02 lens mounted Go to the menu and scroll left to the fourth tab. Scroll down to info firmware, and select it. It will show the current firmware version of the Q and the attached lens. You can than select the firmware of the lens and choose to update it. That is all, it only takes few seconds!
So if I understand you correctly, the displayed firmware in the menu system changes dependent on the lens that's mounted?
07-24-2013, 03:59 PM   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mdintx Quote
So if I understand you correctly, the displayed firmware in the menu system changes dependent on the lens that's mounted?
Yes, the display shows both the camera firmware version and the firmware version of the currently mounted lens.
07-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #19
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Yes, the display shows both the camera firmware version and the firmware version of the currently mounted lens.
Thanks for the helpful replies, guys . . . . . but I've surprised myself and updated both the body and lens before seeing your replies.

I guess that shows how easy it is to update the firmware!