Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2013, 01:31 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Polaroid adapter Canon EOS Lenses to Q

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Anyone tried this adapter?
Polaroid Bayonet Lens Mount Adapter, Canon EOS Lenses: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

It's cheap enough for me to buy but being a newby I'd rather have some feedback first...

07-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Will it allow you to control the aperture of the lens? If not I would have second thoughts about buying it.
07-31-2013, 04:52 AM   #3

It's clumsy but you can stop the EOS lens down while on a Canon body and remove the lens while keeping it stopped down. It will stay set at the f-stop selected.

However I would be leery of the quality of the adapter. I purchased a T-mount adapter with the Polaroid name on it. The quality was terrible - very rough machining and finish. The thread wasn't even a T-thread. It wouldn't thread onto my Celestron telescope adapter. M42 wouldn't thread either. Sometimes cheap T and M42 adapters are threaded somewhere in-between the two and one or the other or both will thread. The adapter had "India" stamped on it. The "Polaroid" brand name has nothing to do with the old corporation it used to be associated with. And the quality of the products reflect this.
07-31-2013, 05:01 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply, I'll pass on this one then. Anyone know a better adapter from EOS to Q?

07-31-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haven't tried one but the picture in the link is not accurate as the Q would not have such a large rear exit.
Also the adapter says NEX on top.

Q adapters don't have any glass so not much to go wrong and I think if the seller is reputable and accepts returns it is worth a shot.

They need to fix the pic though.
07-31-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fotodiox has one, doesn't seem to have an aperture control, though. Maybe I'm wrong.
Amazon.com: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Canon EOS Lens to Pentax Q-Series Camera, fits Pentax Q Mirrorless Cameras, fits EOS EF, and EF-S lenses: Camera & Photo
07-31-2013, 08:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I have the Fotodiox Canon EOS to Q adapter and it works well, nice construction but like stated above it will not control aperture. I had an old canon body and could set aperture and then put it on the Q and the aperture would stay as set on the canon body.

Hans

07-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #8
Veteran Member

"jinfinance" from Shanghai on ebay sells an EOS to Q adapter, but it does not include an aperture control. I don't think it would be practical to build in since the EOS aperture control system is electronic.

JR is very good to work with, and is a very reliable seller. I have bought many products from him in the past and have always been pleased with his communication and reliability.

RJ Canon EOS EF EFS Lens to Pentax Q EOS Q Adapter with Tripod Mount | eBay