Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #61
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kalakatu Quote
hi pinholecam,

great review. kudos.

I am looking for a small camera for my vacation. currently this Q7 is in my top list.

looking at your macro shots, I'd like to ask - did you use the original adapter or the 3rd party from ebay? if you used the 3rd party, does it have any glass in it? i'd like to buy the original PK-Q adapter but the price is soooo expensive
Thanks.

Most of my macros are done with a 3rd party adapter.
I did shoot some of the day macros with a borrowed OEM adapter.

I would suggest the OEM adapter as it allows a flash sync speed of 1/250.
This makes it easier to use in daytime macro or other applications with adapted lenses+flash.

The camera can only do 1/15 shutter speed with a 3rd party adapter, but this is largely irrelevant if the lens is stopped down enough such that the flash is the only contributing factor to the exposure.
Usually that means its easier to do that in low light macros.

10-23-2013, 06:06 AM   #62
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pinhole, those are amazingly fantastic shots!

Regards!
04-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #63

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I started off with the 01, and this time round I got the Q7 with 02 and 06 zooms.
I have not warmed up to the 02 though.
The package price is too good to pass up.
pinholecam, has anything changed in regard to the 02? any opinion on it?
04-04-2014, 04:11 PM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reverenddude Quote
pinholecam, has anything changed in regard to the 02? any opinion on it?
Sorry, I really have not used it much.
Except for the wide end of it (ie. 24mm eq), I just prefer the 01 since the other focal lengths are an easy 1-3 steps of me moving in or away from the subject.
So if its for a wide view where I can't move back anymore and I'd want better quality than the Toy Fisheye, |I'd use it just for that.
But frankly, so far, I've found little need to.

On my recent trip to Malaysia, I took the 01,02,06, fisheye and was passed a 08.

I really liked the 08 for the wide FOV (a 17mm eq is really wide) and better IQ.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/256302-pentax-outing-more-q-...pressions.html
I used the fisheye for more funky shots or for even wide FOV.
The 01 was the workhorse walkabout lens and the 06 the long reach or shallow DOF lens.
The 02 was totally unused.
But this is just my usage preference so YMMV.

04-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I really liked the 08 for the wide FOV (a 17mm eq is really wide) and better IQ.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/136-pentax-q/256302-pentax-outing-more-q-...pressions.html
I used the fisheye for more funky shots or for even wide FOV.
The 01 was the workhorse walkabout lens and the 06 the long reach or shallow DOF lens.
The 02 was totally unused.
But this is just my usage preference so YMMV.
I don't have an 02 zoom. I use an 01 prime, fisheye and 06 telezoom. I was deeply disappointed when the 08 lens turned out to be a zoom instead of a prime. 24mm f2.8 (or f2) would have been awesome.
07-14-2014, 04:01 AM   #66

Hi pinholecam

Firstly wanted to say great review I have just received my Q7 after reading this and being inspired to use a mirror less pentax alongside my dslr

Now I'm wondering where you got your beautiful leather half body case from its really nice though I can't seem to find one for the Q7 anywhere only the Q10 and I believe the body shape is different between the Q10 and Q7?

If you could point me on the right direction that would be much appreciated.

Thanks Mike
07-14-2014, 07:23 AM   #67

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mike_perth Quote
Hi pinholecam

Firstly wanted to say great review I have just received my Q7 after reading this and being inspired to use a mirror less pentax alongside my dslr

Now I'm wondering where you got your beautiful leather half body case from its really nice though I can't seem to find one for the Q7 anywhere only the Q10 and I believe the body shape is different between the Q10 and Q7?

Thanks Mike
The body shape changed between the Q and the Q10, but it did not change between the Q10 and the Q7. A case that fits a Q10 should fit a Q7 just as well.

07-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by mike_perth Quote
Hi pinholecam

Thanks Mike
Go on ebay and search Pentax Q leather case. You should get a ton of cases half, full, bags, etc. and I got mine for about 10 bucks. Fits great and looks awesome. Enjoy!