Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-23-2013, 07:48 PM   #1
Forum Member

Q Models

Is the Q7 the newest Q? Are there other Q models?

08-23-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Q7 is the newest, followed by the Q10 and the Q. The Q10 shares the same body as the Q7 but is otherwise identical to the original Q. The Q7 has a bigger sensor and a host of other improvements:

Pentax Q7: Hands-On First Impressions - Photographic Articles - PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-23-2013, 10:31 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Q7 is the latest model.
Q was the 1st model, followed by the Q10.

I put up a review of the Q7 here
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/233063-tokyo-story-pentax-q7-real-world-review.html

IMO, a boring check box style / textbook type camera review is just not going to do justice to this camera/system.
A real world review, along the lines of "I brought along this small camera called the Q7, went places and managed to take pretty nice photos with it in all real situations where a photographer/traveler would have taken photos" shows it off better imho.
What's more to ask for from such a small/light/fun system??

Last edited by pinholecam; 08-25-2013 at 05:33 AM.