Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2014, 05:20 PM   #31

Photos: Albums
Really enjoyed the write up of your excursion into the Everglades. Still can't figure out how you took that shot!

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote

05-28-2014, 05:21 PM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
Really enjoyed the write up of your excursion into the Everglades. Still can't figure out how you took that shot!
You're not the only one! Really enjoying this series.
05-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #33
Inactive Account

Thanks guys!

Three main factors conspired to get that shot:
1. Tower staircase was open (pure chance) to get to the top level
2. Use of pole with Q/03 combo + a few "tricks of the trade"
3. Photoshop

I've said this before, and it is a WIP - but a Part II to A Kayak Aerial Photography Method is still in the works. In it I will outline the pole(s) used and some tips. Stay tuned!
06-08-2014, 05:23 PM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Can't wait to read the photo tips digital029art. Your website is informative and inspiring. The observation tower image is so cool. Wow.

Had a chance to take this at Amidon Memorial State Park, Mo, USA. Original Q, #03 fisheye, 16ft pole. Had a small crowd eyeing me during the shoot.

thanks
barondla

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo 
06-14-2014, 07:28 PM - 1 Like   #35

Photos: Albums
Yes, I find drawing attention to myself with a camera on a pole quite the opposite of how I normally try to act as a photographer -- unobtrusive and low-key. I usually start out a bit self-conscious but then get caught up in the moment and seeing if I've got any usable or even good pole shots, and then everything is fine. Sometimes people ask how I trigger the shutter.

That's a nice perspective of that river Barondla.

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
Can't wait to read the photo tips digital029art. Your website is informative and inspiring. The observation tower image is so cool. Wow.

Had a chance to take this at Amidon Memorial State Park, Mo, USA. Original Q, #03 fisheye, 16ft pole. Had a small crowd eyeing me during the shoot.

thanks
barondla
06-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #36
Inactive Account

yellow pole = instant conversation starter!

QuoteOriginally posted by NotSteve Quote
Yes, I find drawing attention to myself with a camera on a pole quite the opposite of how I normally try to act as a photographer -- unobtrusive and low-key. I usually start out a bit self-conscious but then get caught up in the moment and seeing if I've got any usable or even good pole shots, and then everything is fine. Sometimes people ask how I trigger the shutter.

That's a nice perspective of that river Barondla.
+1
I usually have a spot planned out before hand, so when I get there I just set up nonchalantly and take a series. With the yellow pole it's an instant conversation starter if there are any people around, and yes the first question once they figure out it's a camera on top is .. "how to you take the pictures?"

lol, kinda fun at times!
06-14-2015, 03:19 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It has been a while since I posted an aerial shot. 16 ft. pole with Pentax Q and 03 fisheye. Cold.
thanks
barondla

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo