Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-05-2013, 04:07 AM   #31
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Fly-over, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,168
QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
Beyond the build and QC questions that have been raised about the issue, I have to admit that I'm yet to see an extremely sharp photo posted out of the lens. It seems to be good overall, but not as sharp as the best images I've seen posted from the Q. I have the 02 which also seems to be OK, but never as sharp as the better adapted lenses I have used. Even the cheap Fujian 35mm prime with no CA adjustment seems to get far more sharpness and image depth out of the Q sensor. For instance, a simple shot from today (probably at f/2.8 or possibly f4):
I gather this image was NOT shot with an 06...eh? If I'm correct, then what's your point?

I find Q/06 images take simple Lightroom adjustments very well and it's easy to produce results that are quite pleasing. If you are having trouble with the 06, perhaps you need to 'up your game' ...pp-wise.

My 2 cents... & cheers... M

09-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #32
Pentaxian
hnikesch's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan, USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,246
My 06 had problems focusing to infinity when zoomed at the wider end but was very sharp at the long end of the zoom. I should get the replacement later today we will see how the new one performs.

Hans
09-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #33
Pentaxian
ScooterMaxi Jim's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,464
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
I gather this image was NOT shot with an 06...eh? If I'm correct, then what's your point?

I find Q/06 images take simple Lightroom adjustments very well and it's easy to produce results that are quite pleasing. If you are having trouble with the 06, perhaps you need to 'up your game' ...pp-wise.

My 2 cents... & cheers... M
Fair enough - I probably shouldn't be posting an image from a different lens - in a thread that will have mostly 06 users. At some point I might buy a 06 for its convenience, but those who are not entirely happy with the lens should see what an inexpensive (under $30) alternative prime in the range can do in terms of sharpness and look - not to mention keeping the package a bit smaller and well balanced.
09-05-2013, 09:39 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,598
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
I was thinking of adding 06 15-45 to my line-up, but I am somewhat worried by what I have read in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/226685-defective-06-a.html

Are there any others who are having problems with this lens?

Dom
I have no problems with mine, it's quiet and performs reasonable well:

09-05-2013, 10:02 PM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,598
QuoteOriginally posted by DominicVII Quote
I was thinking of adding 06 15-45 to my line-up, but I am somewhat worried by what I have read in this thread:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-q/226685-defective-06-a.html

Are there any others who are having problems with this lens?

Dom
I had meant to add these two images but after a rather long hiatus seem to have lost my posting skills.

15mm at f:3.5


41.5mm (that is what the exif indicates at the long end) at f:3.2
09-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #36
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 100
QuoteOriginally posted by ScooterMaxi Jim Quote
Fair enough - I probably shouldn't be posting an image from a different lens - in a thread that will have mostly 06 users. At some point I might buy a 06 for its convenience, but those who are not entirely happy with the lens should see what an inexpensive (under $30) alternative prime in the range can do in terms of sharpness and look - not to mention keeping the package a bit smaller and well balanced.
I don't know about anyone else but I am looking at the 06 threads to see what it will do at full zoom. The small size of the Q with a nice zoom would be great for wildlife shooting instead of carrying a heavy SLR and full sized prime zoom lens. I'm really interested in the best mix of small size + max zoom + best image quality.
09-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #37
Senior Member




Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 100
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
I had meant to add these two images but after a rather long hiatus seem to have lost my posting skills.

15mm at f:3.5


41.5mm (that is what the exif indicates at the long end) at f:3.2
Heinrich - both very nice!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, mirrorless, pentax q, pentax q10, pentax q7, q10, q7
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax 06 15-45 zoom arrives- mini review & pics barondla Pentax Q 72 06-06-2013 10:27 PM
Video with q and 06 lens pearsaab Pentax Q 12 05-13-2013 08:50 AM
Pentax Q 15-45mm (06 Telephoto Zoom) - $269 Adam Pentax Price Watch 11 01-06-2013 06:45 AM
Is the Q system 06 lens design a first? barondla Pentax Q 2 12-20-2012 09:28 AM
New Q Lens Photo - 06 - Leaked Docrwm Pentax News and Rumors 20 09-07-2012 08:17 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:10 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top